2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
I feel the Last of Us will sell plentg of consoles, despite the new generation.

I think they will probably come out with a $300 Last of Us bundle. They have an Uncharted 3 bundle for that price. You can probably get the Uncharted trilogy for $60 or $70 right now and Journey is worth playing for $10. For anyone that doesn't have a Blu Ray player, those games at that price would be worth it IMO.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
I think they will probably come out with a $300 Last of Us bundle. They have an Uncharted 3 bundle for that price. You can probably get the Uncharted trilogy for $60 or $70 right now and Journey is worth playing for $10. For anyone that doesn't have a Blu Ray player, those games at that price would be worth it IMO.

True.

Lately it seems that Sony just keeps churning out great exclusive after great exclusive.

Really need to buy thatgamecompany though. Should have done it after flOwer

I bought a 360 back in '07 b/c of the terrible luck I was having w/ my PS2. I would have to take that thing apart and clean it weekly to get it to work.

I've stuck with it and only had one ring of death, but there's no way I'm sticking w/ Microsoft in the next gen. I only stuck around b/c I didn't want to pay for another console.

PS4 has already won my $.

Nintendo needs to come hard tomorrow with the game announcements.

We already know 3D Mario, Mario Kart, & Smash Brothers will be revealed, but they really need another big surprise or two to regain some momentum. I'm hoping Retro Studios has something cool in the works that will be shown tomorrow and ready for release by the end of 2013.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Nintendo needs to come hard tomorrow with the game announcements.

We already know 3D Mario, Mario Kart, & Smash Brothers will be revealed, but they really need another big surprise or two to regain some momentum. I'm hoping Retro Studios has something cool in the works that will be shown tomorrow and ready for release by the end of 2013.

Nintendo is dead as a console company, like SEGA but at a slower pace. The Wii U is/was an utter failure. I still can't believe they decided to launch a console with a gimmick instead of games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
If the PS4 comes out at $350, they are going to put XBox out of commission.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
God, if it's only $350 I guess I'll be diving into the next generation.

Yeah. I had no plans on buying a PS4 until next year but if the launch price really ends up being $350, I'm probably going to try and buy one as soon as I'm able to get my hands on one

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
Nintendo is dead as a console company, like SEGA but at a slower pace. The Wii U is/was an utter failure. I still can't believe they decided to launch a console with a gimmick instead of games.

3DS looked the same way in it's first year and now it's an absolute monster in terms of sales.

The Wii U still has a chance, but Nintendo needs some huge games this holiday season to make up lost ground. Don't underestimate how many parents will end up choosing the $300 console vs the two $500 alternatives. Now, if PS4 costs $350 (which I don't buy for a sec), then we can take the Wii U out back and put it out of its misery right now.