Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 03:04 AM)
Wow, what a horrendous call in the ND/Pitt game. ND's best defensive player, Tuitt, has been ejected from the game because the Pitt QB lowered his head as he was hit by Tuitt. How f***ing bad.

Agreed, shouldn't have been an ejection. Leading with the helmet is one thing, but that was not targeting.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
Agreed, shouldn't have been an ejection. Leading with the helmet is one thing, but that was not targeting.

In full speed from the original TV angle it looked bad, but upon further review from other angles it was CLEARLY not targeting. And the refs actually checked out the video reviews and still got it wrong.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:15 AM)
In full speed from the original TV angle it looked bad, but upon further review from other angles it was CLEARLY not targeting. And the refs actually checked out the video reviews and still got it wrong.

Tuitt ineligible for first half of BYU game now

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
A couple things:

1) I bet Winston prior to the year to win the Heisman at 75 to 1, and seeing as if how my brother loves FSU, he talked me into betting $100. I'm praying that he can win it.

2) I love the way USC has been playing under Orgeron. If they, OSU and Arizona run the table, USC will host the Pac-12 title game. Very unrealistic, but that's not the case if Kiffin is still coaching these guys. I wonder if Haden will seriously consider keeping Orgeron after the year. At the worst, I hope the new coach lets him stay on.

3) I bet the over in this Alabama game. JC Copeland's fumble is going to come back to bite me in the a**, I think.

It will be intriguing to see what happens with the coaching search. It's such a high profile job, you can't just hand it to Orgeron. And the question is, are they playing better because the new coach is doing do well or because the old coach was that much of a cancer. It's not a roster devoid of talent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:33 AM)
It will be intriguing to see what happens with the coaching search. It's such a high profile job, you can't just hand it to Orgeron. And the question is, are they playing better because the new coach is doing do well or because the old coach was that much of a cancer. It's not a roster devoid of talent.

They're also playing better because they've played some pretty awful teams. There's no doubt Kiffin sucked though. Heismanpundit.com, who has a lot of connections to USC, states daily that there's no chance Orgeron gets the USC job.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
They're also playing better because they've played some pretty awful teams. There's no doubt Kiffin sucked though. Heismanpundit.com, who has a lot of connections to USC, states daily that there's no chance Orgeron gets the USC job.

They did lose 10-7 to Wazzu at home under Kiffin, so these wins are a major improvement.

I don't think he gets the job either, but the players seem to be thriving under him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)

They admit that they are playing more loose under Orgeron. It just seems like Kiffin was too strict and with all of the losing, he became too uptight. Last week in Corvallis, the players were acting like they used to under Carroll. A lot of dancing on the sidelines, a lot of borderline taunting. Like it's fun again.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
They admit that they are playing more loose under Orgeron. It just seems like Kiffin was too strict and with all of the losing, he became too uptight. Last week in Corvallis, the players were acting like they used to under Carroll. A lot of dancing on the sidelines, a lot of borderline taunting. Like it's fun again.

That sideline dancing definitely showed a difference in players excitement.

The FOX pregame show made a good point. Under Kiffin, the sanctions were constantly brought up as an excuse. They aren't any more, the swagger of being USC is back, no matter how many scholarships are lost.

Yes, I know it's Wake Forest, but 7 takeaways today by FSU...and that's without both starting safeties. Winston and the offense get all the hype, but that defense is ridiculously talented and extremely deep. The secondary has two true freshman and they combined for 2 picks, a fumble forced, a fumble recovered, and 2 TD.

I just hope Kelvin Benjamin isn't out too long with the concussion.

I can't remember a game this season (for ND) where the refs had influenced the game more than in this game.

Yeah, the Tuitt call was terrible, but that didn't cause Rees to throw all those picks. Just hope Golson will still be as good as he was when he's back next year.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
Ball State wants 'Bama, and 'Bama wants Ball State! lol, awesome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-sat...791--ncaaf.html

That would be cool if Ball State was actually undefeated, but too bad the tough Mean Green of North Texas were on their schedule.