2013-2014 NFL Thread

Selective memory? I didn't say "Webb was the worst player on the line last year", I said "Webb f***ing sucked". The guy was terrible, just because he happened to be one of the better players on a s*** line doesn't make him less of a bad player. He was surrounded by bad players. Mills may have had a bad year, but the guy is a rookie and even though he had help and graded out bad, there were very few times that I or anyone watching the game in this thread said "Mills really blew that play". Take out the San Fran game, Cutler pushed Webb in the packers game because Mathews was abusing him. Consistently we watched Webb struggle, and it cost him a job in thia new regime

You have to look at grades to say Mills sucked, but it is glaringly obvious that Webb sucked, grades or not.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea I'm starting to think this PFF grading is 100% Grade A Bulls***. Seriously, Webb was awful. Painfully bad. Penalties, whiffs, just awful. They forced him to take a pay cut then cut him anyways (lol, best moment of the off season by far). Complete turd, Mills is much better.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/

Worth reading over. It isn't completely unassailable, but it is hard to argue that there is a better way of going about it.

Best way to think about the two lines is to recognize the huge role played by scheme. More pressure was less of a problem because our QB knew how to respond, had extra blockers, and in general the plays were called better. It's insane how many 2 or 3 man route plays we ran successfully this year. It's because our coach knows that a great route tree means nothing with your QB on his back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
I don't think it is bulls***, but I also don't think it shows the entire picture in context. There is something missing because Webb was a turnstile last season

The problem continues to be that they virtually never gave him help last year and that led directly to a lot of sacks.

You don't put pro bowl tackles one on one against Clay Matthews for almost an entire game and expect positive results.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
It doesn't measure up to modern stadiums on luxury boxes.

Yeah I know, and there is no NFL team nearby. It's just such an awesome setting for football and you know the weather is gonna be nice. (And yes I am biased from a Big Ten school living in a cold winter town. But it was such an awesome experience being there six years ago, despite the butt kicking)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
Yeah I know, and there is no NFL team nearby. It's just such an awesome setting for football and you know the weather is gonna be nice. (And yes I am biased from a Big Ten school living in a cold winter town. But it was such an awesome experience being there six years ago, despite the butt kicking)

(Lived within biking distance of it for 6.5 years).

You're 100% right on all this but those luxury boxes are a huge deal and "we'll give you a Super Bowl" has been a useful tool to extract stadium money from taxpayers nationwide.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
The 49ers were just torched by the Falcons and the Cardinals through the air. To think that Aaron Rodgers can't pass against them is silly.

I think Green Bay wins.

The reason I like SF in this game is Frank Gore and GB's inability to stop the run. I think Gore will have a bigger impact than Rodgers on Sunday.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
The reason I like SF in this game is Frank Gore and GB's inability to stop the run. I think Gore will have a bigger impact than Rodgers on Sunday.

If they consistently give him or Hunter the ball. That's been a problem.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
Lovie to the Buccs. There goes Mike Glennon's career, but the defense should be very, very tough. If Lovie had any offensive imagination, he would still be in Chicago. Good coach.

His starting days are done but I'll be more than happy with him as a backup.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Are they gonna give up on him that quick? He didn't seem awful.

he wasnt awful but wasnt good either. He was captain checkdown for the most part.

there's a huge gap between him and the other 3 QBs in the NFC South. If the Bucs ever have hopes of being a consistent playoff contender, that gap needs to be smaller.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
Hiring Ted Ford is a great m9ve. Frazier would be solid too. I figure marinelli will rejoin him.

Marinelli is now being reported by ESPN.

As soon as Schiano was fired, anyone who was associated with Dungy was rumored to be coming.