2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
IMO, complaining about not kicking the FG in the first is a little ridiculous.

You're facing an 0-5 team. You have the ball at the 2 and it's your first drive of the game. With the confidence Trestman has in the offense, why not go for it? If you score, it's instant demoralization for the Giants. If you don't score, you still have the Giants pinned deep in their own zone. Even if you screw it up to the point that you turn the ball over, the absolute worst case scenario is some horrible turnover that goes 98+ yards the other way, and the chances of that are very slim.

I was totally on board with going for it.

The 3rd down play call on that 1st drive was pathetic.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)
Peppers is either playing really hurt, doesn't feel like playing anymore, or just got old really fast. He isn't even getting doubled and his game stats aren't too much different from mine.

His salary and cap number is way out of whack for his production.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
Bears have had pretty good luck the past few years avoiding injuries.

Packers are pretty much going through this every year, including this year. It's aggravating.

I beg to differ

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
The quantity hasn't been there but the quality sure has.

Yea, it was already mentioned that we only lost our starting QB when the Bears were playing real good football. That team could've done some real damage in the post season.

I've never understood the special treatment athletes get when it comes to tragedies. In the past couple months, in Chicago alone we've had a woman kill her own baby with scissors to the face and another woman kill her own grandchild with a sledgehammer, but all of a sudden an NFL's player's child is killed and it's the greatest tragedy of all time. s*** like this is happening on a daily basis, let's not pretend otherwise until it happens to someone "important" like AP.

AP is clearly in a weird position since he probably had little knowledge of this child beyond a rumored recent paternity test. Doubly weird since pictures of his other son are being passed around as if that child is the one who was killed. I'm not going to judge too harshly at this point. I'm sure this is pretty disturbing for him, but also feels a little bit different than losing a son that you had been raising yourself. Maybe he should have been raising this child, I don't know, but there's no way to make that judgment given the available info.

The way we report news like this has exposed the weirdness of this, since a bunch of people released their collective breaths when they found it was "just" his illegitimate son. Many had internalized the way we determine if something is newsworthy as the way to decide if it was worth public grief rather than whether the thing that had happened was a tragedy

Some people think AP Jr. (a child AP actually acknowledges) got killed.

Perhaps the media should do a better job of getting the story straight. Or it could be an issue of comprehension.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
Some people think AP Jr. (a child AP actually acknowledges) got killed.

Perhaps the media should do a better job of getting the story straight. Or it could be an issue of comprehension.

He never eve met the kid that died. Why should I feel sorry for a guy who didn't care to meet his child?

I feel terrible for any child that loses it's life, reported or not. AP's relationship to the child is irrelevant to me, what happened to the child should be publicized no matter what, the piece of s*** that committed this crime should be eligible for the death penalty.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
He never eve met the kid that died. Why should I feel sorry for a guy who didn't care to meet his child?

Yeah, I honestly don't feel sorry for AP about this.

I feel bad for the kid and his mom.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
I agree. If it is comfirmed he is the father, AP is a s***ty guy.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about religion, but AP is easily one of the most outspoken Christians in the NFL (probably the second most next to Tim Tebow). If he was a man of god, like he claims to be so much, he would have at least met the child once by now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
I don't want to turn this into a discussion about religion, but AP is easily one of the most outspoken Christians in the NFL (probably the second most next to Tim Tebow). If he was a man of god, like he claims to be so much, he would have at least met the child once by now.

My bad. I guess he didn't even know about the child until recently, and then offered to be responsible. So apologies AP.