2013-2014 NFL Thread

I am really hoping that Lane Johnson or Jonathan Cooper falls to the Bears at 20. I really don't want Fluker. Webb can handle the RT position, we need a LT and natural Gs (since many people talk about Fluker moving inside). If one of the big 5 OL (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack or Cooper) don't drop, I would have no problem with the Bears drafting a stud DT/WR/LB that inevitably drops.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 24, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
I am really hoping that Lane Johnson or Jonathan Cooper falls to the Bears at 22. I really don't want Fluker. Webb can handle the RT position, we need a LT and natural Gs (since many people talk about Fluker moving inside). If one of the big 5 OL (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack or Cooper) don't drop, I would have no problem with the Bears drafting a stud DT/WR/LB that inevitably drops.

The Bears pick 22nd.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 24, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
You mean 20, I think. Fixed in original post.

That period was supposed to be a question mark in an attempt to be a smarta**. :lol:

It's looking more and more like KC will take Joeckel #1. If so, that means Albert is leaving. I'd take him and draft Fluker or Cooper at 20

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
@BradBiggs

Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o runs 4.81 40-yard dash in first attempt. Probably not where he wanted to be.

4.80 in second attempt.

Bad broad jump

20-30 lbs lighter than they thought.

Dude is easily out of the first round, now.

Here are the 40 times of all LBs draft in the first two rounds the last 2 years (via nfldraftscout.com)-

Von Miller - 4.42

Aldon Smith - 4.74

Akeem Ayers - 4.81

Bruce Carter - 4.57

Jonas Mouton - 4.84

Luke Kuechly - 4.58

Melvin Ingram - 4.69

Dont''a Hightower - 4.62

Nick Perry - 4.55

Mychal Kendricks - 4.44

Bobby Wagner - 4.46

Lavonte David - 4.57

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
4.80 in second attempt.

Bad broad jump

20-30 lbs lighter than they thought.

Dude is easily out of the first round, now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2031579.story

Te'o now looking for 15 minutes of fame income!

Edited by Soxfest

The 40 itself is not worth much, but you get the 10 and 20 yard splits out of that, which mean quite a bit more.

I don't remember who it was, but they basically said they believed they could beat Usain Bolt in the 40 last year, and really, it isn't that far fetched. I recall people timing out Bolt's 40 and it was about 4.4. He runs the next 61 meters or so in about 5 seconds or so...that's downfield speed.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
except when I saw mock drafts with him going top 10. yea, they existed.

Mock drafts really mean nothing. There are endless amounts of mock drafts on the internet and they are all completely different.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
40 times have to be the dumbest thing in football.

T'eo was always gonna be a late first round or early second round pick.

I don't think they are dumb, but it is imprudent to overvalue 40-times. Straight-line speed is important for some positions: corners, WRs and safeties to an extent. But even for the positions where 40-times are important, again they can't be the only factor to look at.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
except when I saw mock drafts with him going top 10. yea, they existed.

Proving once and for all why mock drafts are so dumb. They are basically something to do and, so long as you pay attention, you begin to see where guys' values actually lie come closer to the draft. Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson were projected to be top 10 picks last August, and they have nowhere near that value now.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
Mock drafts really mean nothing. There are endless amounts of mock drafts on the internet and they are all completely different.

Here is my projection for the #1 overall pick.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - GoSox05

I am just as likely to be correct right now as any of the others. KC may not even keep that pick. They may pick a LT or DE or DT or QB. It's impossible to figure out right now.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't think they are dumb, but it is imprudent to overvalue 40-times. Straight-line speed is important for some positions: corners, WRs and safeties to an extent. But even for the positions where 40-times are important, again they can't be the only factor to look at.

Maybe they are more important for corners and wideouts. I think with like linebackers, defensive lineman, offense lineman and even running backs the 10 yard split would be important.

Look at all of the top 40 times, none of those players are any good. Except Chris Johnson.

Same goes with the bench press.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Here is my projection for the #1 overall pick.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - GoSox05

I am just as likely to be correct right now as any of the others. KC may not even keep that pick. They may pick a LT or DE or DT or QB. It's impossible to figure out right now.

I will hold out if KC picks me.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
Here are the 40 times of all LBs draft in the first two rounds the last 2 years (via nfldraftscout.com)-

Von Miller - 4.42

Aldon Smith - 4.74

Akeem Ayers - 4.81

Bruce Carter - 4.57

Jonas Mouton - 4.84

Luke Kuechly - 4.58

Melvin Ingram - 4.69

Dont''a Hightower - 4.62

Nick Perry - 4.55

Mychal Kendricks - 4.44

Bobby Wagner - 4.46

Lavonte David - 4.57

Alot of those guys are DE's or rush ends in the NFL.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
I don't remember who it was, but they basically said they believed they could beat Usain Bolt in the 40 last year, and really, it isn't that far fetched. I recall people timing out Bolt's 40 and it was about 4.4. He runs the next 61 meters or so in about 5 seconds or so...that's downfield speed.

Denard Robinson said that. His 40 time was not as fast as I expected. He didnt even test as good as Pryor did.