2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
I don't think so, but most posters on here would say Wise > Danks

Even if he's not, the difference would be so small that I'd rather have Danks start the season in AAA so we have some additional organizational depth.

Regardless, I think Wise is better suited for a bench role, at least right now.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
I heard through the grape vine that Morel is not the upper mgmt favorite to play 3B but the coaching staff likes him on the team. Kind of will be interesting moving forward.

I could definitely see Ventura wanting Morel to stay.

It would seem an easy bet that the bench will be Angel Sanchez, Wise, Gillaspie, and Gimenez.

With 30 days left, a lot can happen. Injuries, trades, good performance and health by Morel, poor performance by Sanchez/Gillaspie.

It's good to have options.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
It is obvious he isn't a favorite of management or they wouldn't have cleared him off of the 40 last year.

You keep saying this, but Morel is on the 40 man roster.

Are you saying they removed him at some point last season only to add him back on since then? I don't recall anything like that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
I could definitely see Ventura wanting Morel to stay.

It would seem an easy bet that the bench will be Angel Sanchez, Wise, Gillaspie, and Gimenez.

With 30 days left, a lot can happen. Injuries, trades, good performance and health by Morel, poor performance by Sanchez/Gillaspie.

It's good to have options.

I think you are right on as of now. If Sanchez is bad though there is always a chance that Morel sticks instead. Keppinger can play 2nd if needed. Obviously, Morel would have to prove that he can play SS though. Personally, I'd rather have Morel be the starting 3B in Charlotte again. Wise doesn't do much for me over a guy like Tekotte but I think the coaching staff obviously likes Wise. Also, Heyman tweeted yesterday that the Sox are still looking for a LH bat. Doesn't specify how big of a bat though.

Requesting your opinion: are chances higher than 25% Conor Gillaspie doesnt make the Sox?

I have a hard time understanding why the Sox would trade for a guy who is out of options, requiring them to remove a guy from the 40-man roster who was not out of options, if they weren't pretty certain he was going to make the team.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
Glad to hear it. The following must've been totally wrong

on rotowire this morning

3/4/2013: Gillaspie leads the White Sox with two home runs and seven RBI this spring, but he is unlikely to break camp with the major league roster.

They're idiots.