2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 12:08 AM)
I think he'll be like Clemens and RJ, throwing strong at 40. He's just got such an easy delivery. Someone will pay him 200 for sure and I'm with you, please let it be Detroit.

I think he will too. He's a monster. Maybe a hiccup here or there, but he's just an absolute stud.

Sure would be nice if they were paying him and the hungry hippos $75 million combined in about 2017 though.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
I think he will too. He's a monster. Maybe a hiccup here or there, but he's just an absolute stud.

Sure would be nice if they were paying him and the hungry hippos $75 million combined in about 2017 though.

I don't know if you came up with that one or not, but bravo.

Bauer going down almost has to be a service time thing. No other reason he shouldn't be on that squad. They'll be better than they were last year, but I mean, they spent like $100 million on mediocre players. We're talking a battle between Kazmir (even with velocity, unless his slider's back, he's hot garbage) and Carrasco, who is just not a very inspiring pitcher.

Royals announce Mendoza as their 5th starter. Chen to the bullpen.

Sox will face Shields, Santana, and Guthrie.

You know Shields will tweek something in the bullpen before the game, and Chen will come in for 7 shutout innings.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
Royals announce Mendoza as their 5th starter. Chen to the bullpen.

Sox will face Shields, Santana, and Guthrie.

Wade Davis is the 4th starter. Hochevar unfortunately still on the roster, but now in the bullpen at least.

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Mar 26, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Wade Davis is the 4th starter. Hochevar unfortunately still on the roster, but now in the bullpen at least.

That's a VERY expensive 12th man on the pitching staff.

However, he's insurance, because the Royals have had pretty bad luck with pitching injuries in their starting rotation over the 2-3 years.

Well, ever since Appier and Jose Rosado, haha. Or Saberhagen/Gubicza.

Very true. It's ridiculous that any of: Hochevar, Chen and Francoeur are still on the roster. Terrible waste of payroll for a small market team. I'll be glad when they come off the books either during or after this season, along with Ervin Santana's $13 million.

The team won't be any worse without team, even after the James Shields trade we still have plenty of better, younger options in house. Not to mention Danny Duffy, John Lamb, and Felipe Paulino all returning from TJ.

Freep Sports ‏@freepsports 39m

#Tigers send down closer candidate Bruce Rondon. Dombrowski says team will start with closer by committee. http://on.freep.com/11QqTd2

Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 40m

When camp opened, Leyland said no one else in bullpen but Rondon profiled as full-time closer, and that he didn't like closer by committee.

Interesting Rondon didn't make it. Hopefully the Tigers start off slow again and give away some games with their defense.

But with a solid starting staff--Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez, Porcello, (Smyly in the wings)---that's tough to beat.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
Interesting Rondon didn't make it. Hopefully the Tigers start off slow again and give away some games with their defense.

But with a solid starting staff--Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez, Porcello, (Smyly in the wings)---that's tough to beat.

It will be interesting to see how the extra innings in 2012 affect everyone not named Verlander in the rotation.