2013 NFL Draft

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
FWIW Angelo did this for a living, too.

Angelo did a pretty respectable job (IMO) until Lovie got involved in the process. That was 2007 and not coincidentally 2007 was the worst draft of Angelo's career. But it was largely Angelo who drafted the Super Bowl defense, found Hester, etc. and hard as it might be to visualize now, at one point the Bears had a decent OL.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Wasn't all the talk this year about how this is the worst draft in decades? Why do people get so upset about it?

Was that for the entire draft or just skill positions? I supposed if its the worst draft for skill positions it would make it the worst draft overall.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Maybe, Id have said that Eifert added more because he would help the OL and passing game. So that is 2 birds with 1 stone, and likely would start from day 1.

Jefferies, Eifert, Bennett, Marshall

That is a nice 2te/2wr set that gives you a ton of flexibility. Way more than getting a lineman who may never start.

Just personal preference.

But so does Long - actually the running game b/c the interior blocking last year was pathetic.

If Long isn't going to have immediate impact and has to get technique down, a rookie 2nd string TE who plays in specific formations isn't going to either.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Kyle,

If the bears historically had good 1st round picks, Id just let it go. But when they consistently muck it up, its just not saddening.

Im tired of being fed nonsense.

Badger,

I know.

I read it every year.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Wasn't all the talk this year about how this is the worst draft in decades? Why do people get so upset about it?

This draft had Eifert and Ertz, who were considered 2 of the better TE prospects in the last few years.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
But so does Long - actually the running game b/c the interior blocking last year was pathetic.

If Long isn't going to have immediate impact and has to get technique down, a rookie 2nd string TE who plays in specific formations isn't going to either.

Well I think Eifert is better than Bennett, so Eifert would be the starter.

The good thing is, these posts will be here next year, I have no problem standing by my opinions.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
This draft had Eifert and Ertz, who were considered 2 of the better TE prospects in the last few years.

The good thing is, these posts will be here next year, I have no problem standing by my opinions.

I'd love if someday you'd turn just one opinion into a Flapship post, you know, that site you own half of, instead of rambling on the web.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)

Highly unlikely unless he was something like a top 10 pick (in which case the Bears wouldn't have signed him)

Even Urlacher wasn't given a starting spot right away, he had to show he belonged there to stay.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
Highly unlikely unless he was something like a top 10 pick (in which case the Bears wouldn't have signed him)

Even Urlacher wasn't given a starting spot right away, he had to show he belonged there to stay.

Im not suggesting that he would be given a spot. Im suggesting that after watching the 2 players play, I believe that the coaching staff would come to the determination that Eifert > Bennett, and I would hope that they would start the best player.

Just like if they determine that Long > Bushrod that they would start Long.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
So with Cutler on the last year of his deal, and the market for quarterbacks having gone to ludicrous, any chance the Bears pop on a Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they are there?

I thimk Geno is gone but Barkley could be a reality with Emery nothing would suprise me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Im not suggesting that he would be given a spot. Im suggesting that after watching the 2 players play, I believe that the coaching staff would come to the determination that Eifert > Bennett, and I would hope that they would start the best player.

Just like if they determine that Long > Bushrod that they would start Long.

Well I can't say you're wrong seeing as how Seattle started Russell Wilson over whatshisnamethaticantrememberandwillrememberassoonasihitpost.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
Well I can't say you're wrong seeing as how Seattle started Russell Wilson over whatshisnamethaticantrememberandwillrememberassoonasihitpost.

Flynn

And I dont know, its just the whole Shea Mcclellin thing last year, and now this.

I want to believe, but its hard when Im given very little reason to.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Angelo did a pretty respectable job (IMO) until Lovie got involved in the process. That was 2007 and not coincidentally 2007 was the worst draft of Angelo's career. But it was largely Angelo who drafted the Super Bowl defense, found Hester, etc. and hard as it might be to visualize now, at one point the Bears had a decent OL.

This is not pointed out enough. Angelo went from a very good draft guy to a guy that drafted very specific talent people, as soon as Lovie got his big deal.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
Now what who is ESPN going to overhype since geno and te'o are gone..

NFL Network has been pretty bad with the Te'o hype machine since ND fanboy Mayock is on the broadcast.