2013 NFL Draft

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think the bears go CB or LB next.

I still think this team needs another WR (Marshall, jefferey Bennett only real WR. Weems is barely a WR). Also DT is really thin - I think those are two positions to get depth at in the later rounds.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 11:05 AM)
Hub hates the Long pick, so I'm pretty sure we have a future hall-of-famer

While I am little angry that Bears couldn't figure out a trade down to take Long at the end of Round 1 (Falcons traded up to 22) or early Round 2, I think that is my anger over the pick more than anything.

Hub Arkush is a normal joe-schmo critiquing picks. Phil Emery does this for a living. Who should I trust more?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
While I am little angry that Bears couldn't figure out a trade down to take Long at the end of Round 1 (Falcons traded up to 22) or early Round 2, I think that is my anger over the pick more than anything.

Hub Arkush is a normal joe-schmo critiquing picks. Phil Emery does this for a living. Who should I trust more?

FWIW Angelo did this for a living, too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
If Emery is to be believed, he wasn't moving down if Long was still on the board. This is who he was targeting all along. Says he's an athletic freak.

So was that f*** we drafted who jumped out of a swimming pool.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)

Hub has been sore at the Bears since he was dropped from the radio team.

As a Lions fan, I'm pretty happy with the selection of Ziggy Ansah. Hopefully, all these comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul come true.

Even though he did wear movie theater glasses to the Draft...

BIvS3aFCEAA7hto.jpg

Edited by IowanSoxFan

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Sure long is a great athlete, but I think he started 4 games for Oregon last year?

Not exactly what you are looking for in your first round pick. He may turn out to be a HOF, its just right now, extremely risky.

He's a project, that's for sure. Basically the 2nd straight year of doing that.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 05:04 AM)
All valid points to which I agree. When I posted that I was boozed up and looking to bash two teams I dislike (Min and UT). And frankly the bears also took a Juco guy with even less experience than Patterson

Haha, fair enough... I've been there, done that before.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
You would know better than me, but I was blown away by Patterson at that UT game I went to. His routes to the ball were so strange and effective, you knew he had that sixth sense great players have.

He's the most impressive player I've ever watched in person. He has an amazing knack to take a 5 yards gain and turn in into a 50 yard gain (see the .gif in my signature).

I'm not terribly happy with him ending up on the Vikings. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think he's going to be really good. And he really didn't know what he was doing last year. If he can get coached-up and fine tune parts of his game, he'll be a beast.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
WalterFootball and CBS did round 2 mock drafts based on yesterday's picks. both project the Bears drafting Te'o

Now, I'd be okay with Te'o in the 2nd round. I wanted no part of him in Round 1. But I still think he's a solid LB. I would rather avoid the media hoopla that will surround him, but if he's there for our pick, he would be a solid choice.