2013 NFL Draft

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
Now who is ESPN going to overhype since geno and te'o are gone..

Tyrann Mathieu new ESPN pet project they may be waiting a longtime.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)
This is not pointed out enough. Angelo went from a very good draft guy to a guy that drafted very specific talent people, as soon as Lovie got his big deal.

I've always thought Angelo was a very good talent evaluator and to be frank a pretty good GM.

The one thing I will say is that with the addition of Long, the Bears have a ton of depth and flexibility on the O-line. We have six guys who could legitimately play tackle in Bushrod, Webb, Carimi, Scott, Brown, & Long. That's quite the improvement from having Frank Omiyale as the swing tackle in recent years.

Ok I've done some reading and asking around, I don't think I mind this pick that much. Bostic is a converted safety who is athletic and fast (4.5), hits very hard, and the knock on him is that he has trouble getting off blocks. That profile sounds... Vaguely familiar.

I'm not a big fan of the Bostic pick. It's merely okay, but there were better options out there. I've watched a ton of SEC football over the last few years, including seeing him in person 3x, and he not once stood out to me. That's not a good thing. Honestly, I remember Bostic more from when Tennessee was recruiting him in high school than him playing at Florida. That doesn't say much about him.

But hey guys, at least he graded out at the top of the Bears athletic index.... Is Emery trying to be Al Davis by putting such a huge emphasis on measurables?

I should say that I'd probably be a bit more okay with this pick if Emery hadn't reached so much in Round 1. Bostic is a slight reach, which would have been perfectly acceptable if Long hadn't been taken way too high.

Edited by dasox24