2013 NFL Draft

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Cornelius Washington OLB/DE round 6 pick...................Kiper rated him a 2nd round talent says he has a real chance to help the Bears.

That's what, 4 "Second round talents" the Bears have drafted in their draft this year?

Pretty decent draft by the Bucs if you dont count Revis as their 13th pick.

Got a CB that some mocks had the Bucs drafting in the 13th spot a month or so ago.

Got a backup QB.

Couple of DL that can provide depth.

I do like Mike James as the 6th round pick. He's basically a smaller version of Blount but he can actually catch the ball out of the backfield. Hopefully he can get the 1-3 yard runs that Blount shied away from. If not then its a 6th round selection so who cares.

Would be nice if Demps would give up track and try to be a their version of Sproles. But he's got Olympic type speed so I really cant fault him for giving it a try.

I can definitely get on board with all of our Day 3 picks. Great value in each round. I liked Washington a lot coming into the draft. He played out of position at Georgia because of necessity. He was playing 3-4 DE at 260 lbs and being asked to take up blockers rather than rush the passer, which is his best trait. I think this could be a major steal. In a different system or situation, he could have shown a lot more. But, it's still just a projection b/c there is no game film to support that thought. For a 6th rounder, it's a great guy to take a chance on.

Yahoo Jason Cole

Winners

Chicago Bears – General manager Phil Emery continued his pragmatic approach to getting the Bears back to contention by getting a couple of really nice prospects to fill vital spots. Offensive lineman Kyle Long helps a unit that has to be on its game to protect deliberate, must-see-it-first quarterback Jay Cutler. On defense, the Bears picked up linebacker Jon Bostic from Florida to replace Brian Urlacher. Mark this down: In five years, people will be talking about how much better Bostic is than Manti Te'o.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 11:52 PM)
Yahoo Jason Cole

Winners

Chicago Bears – General manager Phil Emery continued his pragmatic approach to getting the Bears back to contention by getting a couple of really nice prospects to fill vital spots. Offensive lineman Kyle Long helps a unit that has to be on its game to protect deliberate, must-see-it-first quarterback Jay Cutler. On defense, the Bears picked up linebacker Jon Bostic from Florida to replace Brian Urlacher. Mark this down: In five years, people will be talking about how much better Bostic is than Manti Te'o.

lol, that guy is really going out on a limb there.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
6th and 7th rounders far more intriguing than your typical late round draft picks this year.

As are the UDFAs.

Mark Harrison is a guy I really like. He was working out with Marshall and the gang over at fit speed and his measurables rank up there with some of the best in this draft class. Good height at 6'3", 12th fastest 40, 4th highest vertical, 2nd longest arms, tied for 18th with our own Marquess Wilson in the shuttle, 6th in bench reps and 5th longest broad jump.

I'm hoping Marshall passed along some intel to Phil and the gang and that he takes him under his wing.

---

Tunde Bakare, an undersized (5'11")LB out of Kansas, ran a 4.35. Looked pretty good on tape.

PJ Lonegran was a 3 year starting OC at LSU and he was the 6th ranked center in the draft.

Brent Russell, a DT, was "The tallest midget" so to speak as he took home a ton of FCS hardware.

Josh Lenz, a WR out of Iowa State (don't we have some Cyclone fans on board?) looks like an intriguing prospect as well.

Now before I get jumped on, I know there's a reason these guys all went undrafted and I can't expect much.. but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 (Harrison and Lonegran are the guys I'm predicting) make the team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 12:16 AM)
Thursday night: "Emery is worse than Angelo!"

Friday night: "Still pretty bad!"

Saturday: "Great drafting!"

Well, I will say this...if you are confident that you can get some solid contributers in the following rounds, it gives you a lot more wiggle room to take a chance on a high-risk, high-reward guy like Long at 20.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
I really hope the Packers fixed the running back problem they've been having. Lacy and Franklin could be a nice combo.

I'd rather the Packers got Lacy instead of Lattimore. Speaking as a Bears fan.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 12:31 AM)
As are the UDFAs.

Mark Harrison is a guy I really like. He was working out with Marshall and the gang over at fit speed and his measurables rank up there with some of the best in this draft class. Good height at 6'3", 12th fastest 40, 4th highest vertical, 2nd longest arms, tied for 18th with our own Marquess Wilson in the shuttle, 6th in bench reps and 5th longest broad jump.

I'm hoping Marshall passed along some intel to Phil and the gang and that he takes him under his wing.

---

Tunde Bakare, an undersized (5'11")LB out of Kansas, ran a 4.35. Looked pretty good on tape.

PJ Lonegran was a 3 year starting OC at LSU and he was the 6th ranked center in the draft.

Brent Russell, a DT, was "The tallest midget" so to speak as he took home a ton of FCS hardware.

Josh Lenz, a WR out of Iowa State (don't we have some Cyclone fans on board?) looks like an intriguing prospect as well.

Now before I get jumped on, I know there's a reason these guys all went undrafted and I can't expect much.. but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 (Harrison and Lonegran are the guys I'm predicting) make the team.

Umm, well it sounds like the Bears signed him...

Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670 24m

New Bear FA Mark Harrison; 1 of 2 guests in the infamous Combine hotel room. Excrement found all over the bathroom floor. A unique red flag.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
I think Emery is never going to have popular fan drafts but especially this draft will be very solid overall.

I hope a couple years from now we are just saying, in Emery we trust. I like the value of the late round picks and like the fact that he spent time drafting positions of need. Some very intriguing late round picks...hopefully we hit the jackpot on one of them but I also damn well hope we took advantage of our 1st two picks and hit it with them. Need contributions from our picks and I also hope last years picks take big steps forward with a full off-season. That includes Hardin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
Daniel Trawick ‏@TheSportsHound 8m

#Bears #undrafted #freeagents Mark Harrison WR/Rutgers, P.J. Lonergan C/LSU, Tress Way P/Oklahoma, Zach Minter DT/Montana State

Harrison is a good pickup at WR he has a chance to make the team.