GT Sox @ Rangers 4-30 7:05PM CST

pettie4sox

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Dunn has more homers this April than last.

Following the 4/23 offday, he's been a changed man. Good to see some (presumably) coaching going on.

Too bad McEwing's team defense session today didn't have the same positive effects.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
Following the 4/23 offday, he's been a changed man. Good to see some (presumably) coaching going on.

Too bad McEwing's team defense session today didn't have the same positive effects.

Did he actually have one?

I guess with the defense now the worst in the AL, they'll have to focus on that now, too.

At least we're keeping the beat writers occupied with negative categories to research when documenting this team's numerous issues.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
"Those who live in the past are cowards and losers" my friend

Sorry, just had to blow off some steam. Unfortunately, going from the high that was Wise's homer to the low that was the entire half inning that followed was too much for me to endure without sounding off.

I will say this though, Robin needs to rip this team to shreds in the post game. He can't just be passive Robin tonight, he's got to give this team some tough love. Maybe a little spanking will make them come more focused tomorrow.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
Sorry, just had to blow off some steam. Unfortunately, going from the high that was Wise's homer to the low that was the entire half inning that followed was too much for me to endure without sounding off.

I will say this though, Robin needs to rip this team to shreds in the post game. He can't just be passive Robin tonight, he's got to give this team some tough love. Maybe a little spanking will make them come more focused tomorrow.

He sort of benched DeAza, lol.

Although he'll say he just needed a "mental break" with all the defensive issues tonight.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:55 AM)

Even Ozzie didn't do that. I think it's seen as a desperation move, so managers don't do that.

Last inning with the score 10-4 Hawk said 'the best thing is we have another one tomorrow.'

It's amazing how it's understood Sox could never pull off a miracle rally even with nine outs remaining. Hawk basically wrote off this game. If we led 10-4 with 9 outs left, I don't think the game would be over.

I love Hawk. He said, "We played terrible and we'll be back."

Not many teams have announcers who can get away with saying that their team played "terrible."

Well, Sox, your month of April pretty much sucked. Not many highlights.

Main story of month: Injuries.

Second story: s***ty defense and bad offense aside from good amount of homers.

Third story: Great great closer. Rest of the relievers unreliable.

Do you all agree with my storylines?

Edited by greg775