Reed hits AJ

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 1, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
This is going to need its own thread. Meatheads enjoyed it for what reason?

Meatheads disliked it for what reason? Did you observe the Reed/AJP relationship in the clubhouse? Maybe there is a legit reason?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2013 -> 04:05 AM)
Meatheads disliked it for what reason? Did you observe the Reed/AJP relationship in the clubhouse? Maybe there is a legit reason?

I don't like the timing of it in that situation, but the legend of AJ grows. It was funny seeing Konerko laughing at 1B.

Look at all these people, all the sudden hating AJ because he wears a different uniform. Flip the script and a Rangers pitcher hits AJ in his first AB vs. w/ the Sox against the Rangers, and a lot of these Sox fans wouldn't be calling AJ an asshole for chirping.

It was a good situation to a hit a guy, and it could make a lot of sense if AJ and Reed didn't get along for whatever reason, I don't blame AJ for chirping, we don't know their history.

White Sox are totally classless. There was no legit reason to throw at AJ there. And the meatheads love it because they never appreciated AJ when he was here. No AJ, no White Sox World Series.

AJ is better off with a real contender and the Sox are stuck with Flowers who not only can't hit but doesn't handle the pitching staff as well as AJ did and hasn't been any better throwing runners out. I'd say AJ gets the last laugh and the Sox just showed why they are the pathetic losers they have become.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
White Sox are totally classless. There was no legit reason to throw at AJ there. And the meatheads love it because they never appreciated AJ when he was here. No AJ, no White Sox World Series.

AJ is better off with a real contender and the Sox are stuck with Flowers who not only can't hit but doesn't handle the pitching staff as well as AJ did and hasn't been any better throwing runners out. I'd say AJ gets the last laugh and the Sox just showed why they are the pathetic losers they have become.

That's a bit of a stretch. If AJ was still in San Fran or some other team in 2005, I think the Sox still could have won.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 11:22 PM)
Sox wouldn't have even made the playoffs with Jamie Burke or Ben Davis along with Widger as their catchers.

Uribe/Crede>2005 AJ

It's a dumb argument anyway. AJ's teammates didn't like him. Retaliation was due from last night. Shut up and take your base, AJ.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 11:05 PM)

I need my baseball classy.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)

Not pulling any punches tonight...

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
Sox wouldn't have even made the playoffs with Jamie Burke or Ben Davis along with Widger as their catchers.

2005 was statistically probably AJ's worst with the Sox.

He was great in the playoffs however, but really that was a TEAM effort. It wasn't like basketball where you have that dominant superstar to carry you.

But I think the Sox could have won without AJ. Glad they had him, still an asshole haha

The hero worship of the 2005 team makes me laugh sometimes.

f*** YES I'm glad these guys came together and won a title. It will probably be the greatest sports moment of my life, but s***, you gotta let it go. People age, players get less effective in the field. Happens to EVERYONE. I swear there are people on this message board who would take the entire 2005 team as they are in 2013 for the current Sox Roster. Old age, retirement and all...

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 1, 2013 -> 11:35 PM)
Uribe, Everett, AJ, Rowand, Contreras, El Duque... these were the heart and soul of a winning baseball team. These players were winners, brought a championship to this miserable city and there are a great many "Sox fans" who ridiculed these players and were happy when they left.

Yes, they were. Outside of Everett, they were all really nice guys too. Even Everett was said to be a great teammate while on the Sox. I don't think they were plunked after leaving. That should tell you something.

It'd be pretty lol if Reed wasn't even trying to hit him. :lol: