6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
67 innings since last home run. I have a feeling that Flowers and Manto are going to be the scapegoats.

And Dunn.

Eventually, they'll have no choice but to throw him under the bus.

Hahn can put that on KW and move forward when Adam's no longer on the roster, along with Paulie.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:39 PM)
It would be nice if Danks can go six. They need to keep Crain and Thornton fresh the next month, if you catch my drift.

And Lindstrom. If he can get his FB into the upper 90's, that will make him more marketable.

Scouts love radar readings.

The funny thing is that Saunders and Danks are almost identical mirrors of each other.

Both guys are topping out at 89-90 MPH.

So much for that single by DeAza. Ryan with an excellent flip....when it rains, it pours.

Tuning out for now, this is unbearable.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
Danks contract is going to a albatross for years to come.

Wouldn't be the White Sox if there weren't at least 2 players you didn't want to retire.

Danks does deserve the benefit of the doubt for now...we knew he would struggle, it was predictable. It's if he is still pitching like this in 2014 that the contract officially falls into albatross territory.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
Swing the bat! Nothing like seeing Dunn and Konerko looking for a walk with RISP.

This is shockingly bad baseball. I can't see how Manto keeps his job for much longer.

PK has phoned it in all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Swing the bat! Nothing like seeing Dunn and Konerko looking for a walk with RISP.

This is shockingly bad baseball. I can't see how Manto keeps his job for much longer.

They know Viciedo's more likely to get a hit, lol?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
It would be nice if Danks can go six. They need to keep Crain and Thornton fresh the next month, if you catch my drift.

I'll say this much, if the Sox decide to sell, they'll have a lot of interesting players on the trade market.

Peavy, Rios, Crain, Ramirez, Thornton, and possibly even Lindstrom (if he rebounds) would all be desirable. I'd probably float Addison Reed's name out there as well and see if someone is willing to offer something stupid for him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 03:53 AM)
I'll say this much, if the Sox decide to sell, they'll have a lot of interesting players on the trade market.

Peavy, Rios, Crain, Ramirez, Thornton, and possibly even Lindstrom (if he rebounds) would all be desirable. I'd probably float Addison Reed's name out there as well and see if someone is willing to offer something stupid for him.

Add Konerko, Beckham, De Aza and Viciedo to that list of players on the market.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
67 innings since last home run. I have a feeling that Flowers and Manto are going to be the scapegoats.

Agree 100 percent...maybe another player