*STREAKBUSTER* GT 6/4: SOX @ SEA

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
Jordan Danks is the White Sox version of Moses Moreno with the Bears. They were very popular until they actually played.

I don't get your hate for Jordan Danks. You rip him every chance you get, sometimes when he isn't even the topic of conversation.

I'll admit his defense has been overrated by the organization, but he had a total of 85 major league ABs coming into tonight's game. I'm not sure how anyone could really write him off yet one way or the other. Plenty of guys suck when they first get called up. He's put up pretty damn good numbers at Charlotte the last two years, yet you ignore these stats and claim he's only here because his brother. I don't see why he doesn't warrant a look as a fourth outfielder.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
So much for DA's argument about Omogrosso, lol...

Home run fest for the Mariners.

Lowest point for the franchise since 2001, 2007, 2011 (last 2-3 months of the season)...1994? 1980's?

Don't you give him slack for having to come in and work from the stretch?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:14 PM)
Because the Tigers are just going to destroy us and there will be more Detroit fans in the stands than White Sox fans, like the Cubs' series.

They can't even buy a f***ing world series. f*** them and their stupid fans.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:18 AM)
Good thing I came into this season with zero expectations. I just can't get mad right now. This is a really lousy organization.

I understand, but an injury to Peavy would be devastating to any rebuilding plans Hahn might have.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
I don't get your hate for Jordan Danks. You rip him every chance you get, sometimes when he isn't even the topic of conversation.

I'll admit his defense has been overrated by the organization, but he had a total of 85 major league ABs coming into tonight's game. I'm not sure how anyone could really write him off yet one way or the other. Plenty of guys suck when they first get called up. He's put up pretty damn good numbers at Charlotte the last two years, yet you ignore these stats and claim he's only here because his brother. I don't see why he doesn't warrant a look as a fourth outfielder.

Don't be impressed by soon to be 27 year old's numbers in Charlotte. I've never claimed he is here because of his brother. In fact most of the time he has been here his brother has not. I have just said Wise is the better player. Wise is hurt, so that is moot right now.

I simply love Peavy, but he's not ever gonna bring much in a trade because of the injury thing. True, all pitchers get hurt, but Peavy is right up there with the rest of 'em. He gets hurt.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
What happens first: Ned Yost gets fired or the Sox make a major roster move?

Yost, Scioscia, Wedge, Mattingly...something's gotta give.

To answer your question...Yost

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
Don't be impressed by soon to be 27 year old's numbers in Charlotte. I've never claimed he is here because of his brother. In fact most of the time he has been here his brother has not. I have just said Wise is the better player. Wise is hurt, so that is moot right now.

He put up a .942 OPS in about 1/2 a season as a 25/26 year old last year. Again, I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but he's hit well enough in AAA to deserve a look while Wise is out. I apologize for accusing you of using the nepotism card on him. I just get pissed when some people act like he's another Kenny Williams Jr or Oney Guillen. Jordan Danks actually has some talent and has produced at times in the minors. Those other guys not so much.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
This conversation going on right now between Hawk and Stoney re: hitting coaches and teaching "one method" is a far cry and away ahead of the snooze fest going on in the Seattle TV booth as we speak.

Watching MLB Extra Innings from Vegas.Have the sound off.Seattle announcers just plain annoying.But A's games in Chicago will be blacked out here this weekend.Dont know who has rights to Vegas market.