6-7 GT....Lets Sale to a W!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a flame or a death wise to get banned, but after seeing Lexi fail to bunt AGAIN it made me wonder if you guys agree our team is NOT getting any better managing/coaching out of this current staff than Ozzeroo's staff. I mean, my god. That failure to bunt only has cost us ANOTHER game. Ozzie called for the bunt and guys failed. This staff calls for the bunt and guys fail. Our team SUCKS at fundamentals.

At what point is this the current staff's fault??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
There's not a single player in our line-up that anyone would be particularly upset not to see in the starting line-up on Opening Day, 2014.

If there is one, it's probably Konerko, for sentimental reasons.

As long as they keep the starting pitching staff intact, they're not really blowing anything up. Now if you start talking about dealing Sale, Reed, Quintana and Santiago, all bets are off. That's almost inconceivable, no matter how bad things are right now or even if fans start coming to games disguised by paper bags over their heads or as empty seats.

Cant argue with any of that.

Hope your prepared to watch even worse baseball....I'm pretty sure most people on here are not prepared for that.

[/quote

I'd be fine with it if and only if the Sox were making good moves for the future. I'd rather watch Phegley, Carlos Sanchez, Jared Mitchell, etc. I've really reached the point with this god-awful bunch where I want them to lose so we can can get the best possible pick in next years draft. This current team is just plain bad. It needs new life.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
I can't even imagine how bad the Sox will be against the Tigers for those 19 games. Sox will be lucky to win 6.

not only that, but the pitching staff will be shredded for many of the other 57 games. Please, please, deal Crain asap.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
This is not a flame or a death wise to get banned, but after seeing Lexi fail to bunt AGAIN it made me wonder if you guys agree our team is NOT getting any better managing/coaching out of this current staff than Ozzeroo's staff. I mean, my god. That failure to bunt only has cost us ANOTHER game. Ozzie called for the bunt and guys failed. This staff calls for the bunt and guys fail. Our team SUCKS at fundamentals.

At what point is this the current staff's fault??

He just can't do it.

It's not bad coaching, it's bad decision-making to think that will ever change.

He could bunt 100 times before BP and it wouldn't matter in a real game situation. It's just not in his DNA or mentality to believe he can do it, so there's always a bad result...or almost always. You have the feeling when he's going to bunt...what's possibly going to go wrong this time? Double play? Triple play?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
I think this year will be rock bottom in this rebuild.

Don't exaggerate. "Rock bottom" is in the 100 loss season range. This team won't be quite that awful, as they will pull out of the current rut they're in, and at the very least, play somewhere in between the team that was in first place for the majority of last year and where they're at right now.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
Don't exaggerate. "Rock bottom" is in the 100 loss season range. This team won't be quite that awful, as they will pull out of the current rut they're in, and at the very least, play somewhere in between the team that was in first place for the majority of last year and where they're at right now.

Like i was sayin...people dont know what rock bottom is on here. Be thankful you dont.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)

95 losses is within realm of possibility as they have played one of the easiest schedules in MLB thus far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 08:52 PM)
Why has Viciedo been a bust? Those stats they just flashed suck.

Hitting against RHP and against anyone who throws over 92-93 MPH.

His loading mechanism, hand movement....he just can't get there unless they overall his mechanics.

Power and strength wise, he's up in the Top 5-10 games in baseball to the opposite field. It's sad. In another organization, he might have become a success...and he still might be. After all, he's going to get at least 2 or possibly 3 chances with other teams if the White Sox give up on him.

Realistically, for now, he should be part of a DH platoon with Dunn hitting against all righties, Viciedo against lefties.

That said....if he can't ever hit against righties or anyone with a decent fastball....we need to find out now, not put off the inevitable.

If I was the White Sox, I'd bring in a professional swing coach like Jamie Cevallos to work specifically with DeAza, Viciedo, Flowers, Beckham and Gillaspie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 02:54 AM)
Fastball right down the heart of the plate. Whiff Viciedo. How bout not swing quite as hard and you know, make contact?? Horrible at bat. That ball was right down the middle.

Viciedo should be trade bait, as there are huge red flags about him never being anything more than a platoon player. This coaching staff is a total disgrace.