You're Hahn, who are you looking to trade first?

caulfield12

Pick the player you think it's important to move first  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has the most value now but is likely to lose some

• Jesse Crain
    • Matt Thornton
    • Matt Lindstrom
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • Alex Rios
    • Erik Johnson
    • Dayan Viciedo
    • Conor Gillaspie
    • Alejandro DeAza
    • Dylan Axelrod

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
I don't see Alejandro having much value right now. Rios is the chip without a doubt.

Alejandro is on fire with the bats lately, that will help somewhat if he keeps that up. Another good month before the AS break and teams could be looking at him putting up similar WAR this year to what he did last year despite worse defense.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)
Man, how soon we forget Mark Kotsay and his 85% groundout-to-2B rate.

Kotsay was horrible, as well. Sox have had a lot of bad baseball players. I personally feel Dunn is one of my least favorite ever.

I agree with whoemever posted that the Sox better get somebody good for Crain and guys they deal, because that's when season tix do not get renewed. When the Sox dump good salaried players for nothing in return. There's no reason to trade Crain for some hack who will never make the big leagues. Ditto Rios. Get something for them, not just Lillibridge/Keppinger types of stiffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
John Danks July 10.

I still can't believe anyone would pick up that contract given the awful success rate of pitchers returning from shoulder surgery. In my opinion, he'd be one of the hardest players in all of baseball to trade.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
Peavy and Rios to the Rangers on July 25.

One Rangers prospect that I'd be interested in is Rougned Odor. Very much blocked for the forseeable future. Doing rather well for a 19 year old in High-A. Luke Jackson is an interesting pitcher. Rangers also have some toolsy players in Brinson/Williams. Olt is also worth mentioning.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
One Rangers prospect that I'd be interested in is Rougned Odor. Very much blocked for the forseeable future. Doing rather well for a 19 year old in High-A. Luke Jackson is an interesting pitcher. Rangers also have some toolsy players in Brinson/Williams. Olt is also worth mentioning.

The Rangers are falling. Oakland is rising. If Nelson Cruz gets suspended Rangers are the 1st team I look at as a trade partner, but I mentioned that long ago. If they see their window to win a World Series closing fast they have to be contacted as soon as the drug suspensions play out. I don't want the Sox dealing with Detroit at all.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
The Rangers are falling. Oakland is rising. If Nelson Cruz gets suspended Rangers are the 1st team I look at as a trade partner, but I mentioned that long ago. If they see their window to win a World Series closing fast they have to be contacted as soon as the drug suspensions play out. I don't want the Sox dealing with Detroit at all.

Why does it matter if they deal with the Tigers? As long as it's not Sale, I don't think there's anyone we'd be trading to them that would haunt us for a long time. With that said, Tigers have very little in their farm system to trade us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Why does it matter if they deal with the Tigers? As long as it's not Sale, I don't think there's anyone we'd be trading to them that would haunt us for a long time. With that said, Tigers have very little in their farm system to trade us.

Sending Rios or Peavy to the Tigers might not be the best idea in the world since they're under contract for a while. Ditto anyone like Reed who would be unexpected.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 11:28 PM)
Sending Rios or Peavy to the Tigers might not be the best idea in the world since they're under contract for a while. Ditto anyone like Reed who would be unexpected.

If they want to give us Castellanos (their only top prospect) for either of those guys, I wouldn't say no. If the Sox go into rebuilding mode, you can't worry about catching the Tigers the next few years (a team that's "all in").

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)

Because despite all the gloom and doom , I'm hoping the Sox can do enough to compete again sooner rather than later and I'd rather not have them get better at our expense. That's pretty much the standard reason for not dealing within the division. I also think the Rangers will be desperately seeking more help than the Tigers need and a trade with the Rangers could be a blockbuster.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
Because despite all the gloom and doom , I'm hoping the Sox can do enough to compete again sooner rather than later and I'd rather not have them get better at our expense. That's pretty much the standard reason for not dealing within the division. I also think the Rangers will be desperately seeking more help than the Tigers need and a trade with the Rangers could be a blockbuster.

Unfortunately, it just seems the talent level difference is too extreme between the two teams. Hopefully you're right though!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
If they want to give us Castellanos (their only top prospect) for either of those guys, I wouldn't say no. If the Sox go into rebuilding mode, you can't worry about catching the Tigers the next few years (a team that's "all in").

Tigers are always all in, haha...their farm system is pretty depleted. Also, they took a ridiculous amount of arms (a fair amount are projected to end up in the bullpen) to start the 2013 draft.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Home runs are fun, definitely, but I think Dunn is almost an exception to that rule. He's been so lousy that just seeing him stride to the plate is buzzkill. Am I in the minority on this? I just think Dunn is about the worst player in White Sox history and I hate seeing him walk to the plate. If there are any Dunn fans out there, I stand corrected.

Adam Dunn has always been one of my favorite players. When the Sox signed him, it was about the most excited I've been about a Sox FA acquisition. He has been a big disappointment. However, he's a great guy and I want him to succeed. I have always recognized that what he has provided is not good enough but there are bigger problems on this team. I would much rather watch Dunn than Juan Pierre, Mark Kotsay, Rob Mackowiak and many of the other guys that have come through town. Jesus Christ DeWayne Wise is on the team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
Adam Dunn has always been one of my favorite players. When the Sox signed him, it was about the most excited I've been about a Sox FA acquisition. He has been a big disappointment. However, he's a great guy and I want him to succeed. I have always recognized that what he has provided is not good enough but there are bigger problems on this team. I would much rather watch Dunn than Juan Pierre, Mark Kotsay, Rob Mackowiak and many of the other guys that have come through town. Jesus Christ DeWayne Wise is on the team.

Wise does not make $14 million a year