So....now that the major league team sucks........

balfanman

Okay all of you minor league experts (I know we have several on this board); now that it's almost certain that Hahn will be dealing over the next 4 - 6 weeks, who do you want?

Of the teams that are in contention and looking to acquire help for the stretch run, what prospects do they have that you would love Mr. Hahn to trade for? I know that we'll probably get a few impossibe suggestions, but I would love to hear some realistic thoughts.

Mike trout and jurickson profar!!! duh!!!!

Kidding.

I'd like to see us get a few position player prospects. I'm no expert so I have no idea. I'd love for someone like Anthony Rendon but I DOUBT that happens.

A change of scenery player like Smoak might work too for a lesser player.

Edited by staxx

Michael Taylor

Scott Van Slyke

Dee Gordon

Kolton Wong

Randall Delgado

Zach Britton

Those are the first few I'd be scouting pretty hard. Older young players who are close to the majors who've shown success who appear to have been given up on by their original team.

Both Delgado and Britton would be used out of the pen initially.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox pull one of the following:

Gregory Polanco (Pirates)

Mike Olt (Rangers) - Started the year down but has started to come around

Carlos Martinez (Cardinals)

Kolton Wong (Cardinals)

The likelihood of the Sox getting any of those guys is probably slim to none, but I would be ecstatic if they somehow landed one

I would like to see Hahn and the Sox acquire:

Corey Seager 3B - LAD

David Dahl OF - COL

Gary Sanchez C - NYY

Matthew Olson 1B - OAK

They're all young position players with high upside, and they can be paired with Courtney Hawkins and Tim Anderson to form the core of the team from a position player perspective.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Sox should just trade Alexei, Crain, and cash to the Tigers for Nick Castellanos.

Why would you expect the Tigers need cash?

Also why do they need Alexei? Who are they benching, Cabrera, Peralta (hitting .331), Infante (hitting .307) or even Austin Jackson?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Why would you expect the Tigers need cash?

Also why do they need Alexei? Who are they benching, Cabrera, Peralta (hitting .331), Infante (hitting .307) or even Austin Jackson?

In case Peralta gets a 50 game suspension :)

I'm surprised no one has suggested Matt Adams, 1B from the Cardinals

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
In case Peralta gets a 50 game suspension :)

I'm surprised no one has suggested Matt Adams, 1B from the Cardinals

That's been discussed, at least by me. That would be the type of player I'd advocate trying to get.

I like the idea of Olt. I think he has been substantially overrated and I think the Rangers know that, so I think he might actually be attainable. A ton of his value comes from his solid defense at third, which would be great for us but is useless to the Rangers as long as Beltre is around. The bat doesn't play at first.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
I like the idea of Olt. I think he has been substantially overrated and I think the Rangers know that, so I think he might actually be attainable. A ton of his value comes from his solid defense at third, which would be great for us but is useless to the Rangers as long as Beltre is around. The bat doesn't play at first.

There's a lot of concern he'll end up something of a hybrid of Brandon Wood/Pedro Alvarez at the big league level in terms of actual performance.

OTOH, he's attainable now...but losing value fast.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
I can;t see any way the Tigers would trade us Castellanos unless the package included Reed.

I'll always trade 4 quarters for a dollar. Plus, I don't really see any of those guys coming back to hurt us too badly in the long run

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)

Why are you convinced his bat doesn't play at first? He had a 1.000 OPS in AA last season. He certainly isn't likely to do that in the big leagues, but if you get him you're hoping he looks like the guy that was on a 50 HR pace last year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Why are you convinced his bat doesn't play at first? He had a 1.000 OPS in AA last season. He certainly isn't likely to do that in the big leagues, but if you get him you're hoping he looks like the guy that was on a 50 HR pace last year.

So far in the Majors he's been .152/.250./.182. That's only 40 PA, but I've listened and read some commentary on BP and BA about his ultimate ceiling, and they say it isn't super high -- his value comes from being an advanced bat that is close to the majors and is a complete player at third base.

I'd like to get Matt Adams from St. Louis, he's rotting away on their bench with Craig at 1B and would make a good replacement for PK next year. Maybe we can get him in a package for Alexei, I'd be nervous with Kozma heading into a playoff run and Furcal is out for the year with Tommy John surgery.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 06:35 AM)
Since the Sox need catching, there is a AAA catcher available who is hitting about .330. Can't remember his name. Fegley?? I hear he is available because his current parent team won't bring him up.

Weird, I'm sure they are completely unaware of his presence and they don't have some other motive for keeping him in the minors and it has nothing to do with the jar of crickets he left in manager McEwing's office.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 06:35 AM)
Since the Sox need catching, there is a AAA catcher available who is hitting about .330. Can't remember his name. Fegley?? I hear he is available because his current parent team won't bring him up.

Freegley*

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 07:12 AM)
Weird, I'm sure they are completely unaware of his presence and they don't have some other motive for keeping him in the minors and it has nothing to do with the jar of crickets he left in manager McEwing's office.

It's another classic White Sox Conspiracy.

Edited by caulfield12