Who does Hawk hate?

Princess Dye

This little nugget was interesting.

“I feel so bad for some of the players — not all of them,’’ he said. “And I feel bad for Robin and his staff because this is a helluva staff. ‘’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/20847095-41...hell-on-me.html

What are our guesses? Alexei?

Hawk will back Sox players on the air til kingdom come, but with Alexei he nearly breaks that self-programming once a week or so (regarding lazy throws to first)

It's more radio booth than tv (but it happens with the tv booth too)- when a team has eliminated itself by the middle of June, it's interesting to hear who gets ragged on and to what extent. Alexei and (especially) Flowers are two who seem to get a fair share of the spotlight from Farmer & DJ. De Aza does as well, though not to that extent. On the flip side, Beckham looks like he's got some fans in there. Gillespie too.

Just a waste of ink, paper, and electricity if you can't name names, Hawk. If it keeps happening, maybe the staff is not so great.

Then, on another subject, twice during this series the Twin announcers brought up the Toriiiiii Hunter/Jamie Burke collision as if this is the apex of Twinkie baseball. Still urinates me.

Hawk's right about the no accountability issue. And he hit the nail on the head with the statement, "this has been horses*** baseball."

As far as who he doesn't like, it's hard to tell. I don't think he cares much for Keppinger, Flowers, and maybe De Aza. He loves Konerko and Beckham, and I think he likes Dunn.

I wonder if Hawk will want to go through a painful rebuild. Ultimately it doesn't matter to his paycheck if the Sox win or lose, but it will have to be brutal calling games that don't matter the rest of this season and probably many seasons to come before the team is rebuilt.

I wouldn't mind joining Hawk at this weekend's games if I could score free tickets and parking. No way I'm spending 75 bucks for a good seat to watch us lose. I would attend if I got free tix, free parking. I'd pay for my own concessions. That's what the Sox are worth to me right now.

"I thought they gave everything," Gregg Popovich said.

"That's character. We've got a bunch of guys who aren't going to give in, keep playing with each other, for each other, and really feel the responsibility to each other."

There are no measures for character, however, not even in this era of advanced statistics. The cold numbers showed Duncan, Ginobili and Parker shot a combined 4-for-13 in the fourth quarter, with six turnovers.

www.espn.com

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 05:27 AM)
"I thought they gave everything," Gregg Popovich said.

"That's character. We've got a bunch of guys who aren't going to give in, keep playing with each other, for each other, and really feel the responsibility to each other."

There are no measures for character, however, not even in this era of advanced statistics. The cold numbers showed Duncan, Ginobili and Parker shot a combined 4-for-13 in the fourth quarter, with six turnovers.

www.espn.com

Hawk hates Ginobili.