NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Package that s*** with everything else for one of Love or Melo or watch your fanbase finally revolt.

Oh wait, there's idiots in this city.

Nevermind. Draft all the role players and sign all the white guys (not named Love).

I agree it's better to package them for a star. But it's unlikely. I was merely asking about draft night.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Package that s*** with everything else for one of Love or Melo or watch your fanbase finally revolt.

Oh wait, there's idiots in this city.

Nevermind. Draft all the role players and sign all the white guys (not named Love).

They still get excited over regular season wins against Miami. That's all you need to know about this fanbase. And speaking of white guys, I wouldn't mind that Zach Lavine from UCLA. That dude has got athleticism for days.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
They still get excited over regular season wins against Miami. That's all you need to know about this fanbase. And speaking of white guys, I wouldn't mind that Zach Lavine from UCLA. That dude has got athleticism for days.

You must've loved Eddie Robinson. Great athlete.

I also think Levine has some interesting talent. Hes pretty smooth on the court.

Man, do some of you guys ever get tired of bashing the Bulls FO?

I don't follow basketball as much as I do baseball and football so maybe I'm missing something here, but the level of hate for them is ridiculous to me.

I don't wanna rehash anything but ya, just wanted to throw that out there.

Yeah, you still don't get it. I bet you're enjoying your bandwagon ride through the playoffs though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)

I don't follow basketball as much as I do baseball and football so maybe I'm missing something here, but the level of hate for them is ridiculous to me.

It's the sign of a pretty patient fanbase that sucked for a decade, won the lottery and got a superstar, had a small taste of success, and ever since has been told by management that it's not going to be THIS year, but NEXT year. And for probably 3, going on 4 seasons now, we're still waiting. Meanwhile other teams have made big moves and the Bulls have passed on moves, to keep with their future theory that as of yet has not materialized.

But now most of us have finally had it with the "just wait until next year" nonsense. We want something to happen now.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)
Yeah, you still don't get it. I bet you're enjoying your bandwagon ride through the playoffs though.

See how defensive you guys get? You guys know you're lame. Don't get mad at me. MVP chants for Joakim Noah and we had Michael. #WEdotRYhARDinTheCHI

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)
See how defensive you guys get? You guys know you're lame. Don't get mad at me. MVP chants for Joakim Noah and we had Michael. #WEdotRYhARDinTheCHI

Because the best alternative is to not watch the games and jerk off to Lebron 24/7 like you. No thanks, I'll pass.

And the Noah MVP chants were ridiculous....but he ended up 4th in the MVP race so.... maybe not so much?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)

Well there you go. Swap ours with LA's FO and we'd have at least 4 titles post Michael. .

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)

It is easy to not care when you just jump from team to team. Being a fan is a little bit different.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
Because the best alternative is to not watch the games and jerk off to Lebron 24/7 like you. No thanks, I'll pass.

And the Noah MVP chants were ridiculous....but he ended up 4th in the MVP race so.... maybe not so much?

Nobody said not to watch the games. Just don't be an idiot. You've seen greatness up close. You should know the difference between a try-hard team built for the regular season and one built for the playoffs. All y'all besides Jason had the Bulls in the conference finals just because.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
It is easy to not care when you just jump from team to team. Being a fan is a little bit different.

Yeah, get back to me when you can name the 2003 Blackhawks roster without googling it. #butIbeenAhAWKSFANsINCEbIRTH

Lyin ass mofos.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
Nobody said not to watch the games. Just don't be an idiot. You've seen greatness up close. You should know the difference between a try-hard team built for the regular season and one built for the playoffs. All y'all besides Jason had the Bulls in the conference finals just because.

Yeah, get back to me when you can name the 2003 Blackhawks roster without googling it. #butIbeenAhAWKSFANsINCEbIRTH

Lyin ass mofos.

Yeah because so many of us were equating a Bulls teams that lost its best player and traded away its second best player with some of the greatest teams of all time. You need help.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Yeah because so many of us were equating a Bulls teams that lost its best player and traded away its second best player with some of the greatest teams of all time. You need help.

When you've seen 6 titles up close you do not get overly excited about beating a team in the regular season you know you can't beat in the playoffs. I expect the Wizards and Raptors fans to act like that. They don't know any better. Chicago should know better. Brother Quinarvy is 13 and never saw the dynasty and he knows the difference.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
When you've seen 6 titles up close you do not get overly excited about beating a team in the regular season you know you can't beat in the playoffs. I expect the Wizards and Raptors fans to act like that. They don't know any better. Chicago should know better. Brother Quinarvy is 13 and never saw the dynasty and he knows the difference.

Then why are you watching all of these regular season games and getting all excited about who is better than a Hall of Famer? Hypocrite.

This thread will always suck. Damn shame.

Kinda like Pale Hose in general. Stopped talking over there because sabermetrics were frowned upon many years ago. These days, some have gotten the drift that advanced statistics are not satanic, but still too many are naive about trying to get a better understanding of the sport. Ignorance is, and likely always will be, mankind's downfall. Deduction people, deduction. Work your way from both polar opposites inwards. That is the best chance we have of grasping anything, and everything we attempt to grasp within our lives. Some may know it by a more archaic belief system, yin and yang. Give it a try, that is all I ask, as it will potentially make the world a better place far beyond what any of us can ever imagine.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Then why are you watching all of these regular season games and getting all excited about who is better than a Hall of Famer? Hypocrite.

That's the thing, I admit I was stupid there. I should've waited at least the whole year to see if Paul George could maintain a 62.1 true shooting percentage and elite level defense before saying what I said. You guys won't admit to s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
That's the thing, I admit I was stupid there. I should've waited at least the whole year to see if Paul George could maintain a 62.1 true shooting percentage and elite level defense before saying what I said. You guys won't admit to s***.

Except no one pronounced the Bulls as the NBA champions because the beat Miami in a regular season game, which is at least what it would take to equal out to a gem like that.

Back to actual discussion...

Can this draft help bring a little more balance to the league? Five of the top 6 picks in a supposedly strong draft go to Eastern Conference teams and 3 of them have an extra first as well (Philly and Orlando both have two lottery picks). It will take a few years, but I think it could help unless they take all the busts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Except no one pronounced the Bulls as the NBA champions because the beat Miami in a regular season game, which is at least what it would take to equal out to a gem like that.

This from the guy that said Noah deserved more MVP votes than LeBron. And this whole board had the Bulls in the conference finals. Jason was the only one that said hell f***ing no are the Wizards an easy matchup.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Back to actual discussion...

Can this draft help bring a little more balance to the league? Five of the top 6 picks in a supposedly strong draft go to Eastern Conference teams and 3 of them have an extra first as well (Philly and Orlando both have two lottery picks). It will take a few years, but I think it could help unless they take all the busts.

Coming into the year guys like Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Smart, and Exum were talked about as franchise players.

Now add in Vonleh, Embiid, and Gordon. Hell, LaVine's got the tools to be something crazy.

Will they all be? No. But if this draft could live up to the hype and produce at least three franchise players, we can see that turn around with Dipo and Co. in Orlando getting help, Philly is adding to MCW and Noel, Bucks have got some decent pieces.

Only one who will f*** it up are the Cavs who will likely draft McDermott #1 overall cause Cavaliers are incompetent f***s.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 21, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
Coming into the year guys like Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Smart, and Exum were talked about as franchise players.

Now add in Vonleh, Embiid, and Gordon. Hell, LaVine's got the tools to be something crazy.

Will they all be? No. But if this draft could live up to the hype and produce at least three franchise players, we can see that turn around with Dipo and Co. in Orlando getting help, Philly is adding to MCW and Noel, Bucks have got some decent pieces.

Only one who will f*** it up are the Cavs who will likely draft McDermott #1 overall cause Cavaliers are incompetent f***s.

It kind of reminds me of 2008 with the number of interesting prospects but lack of consensus. You just have to hope you get Westbrook or Love instead of Beasley or Mayo.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
This from the guy that said Noah deserved more MVP votes than LeBron. And this whole board had the Bulls in the conference finals. Jason was the only one that said hell f***ing no are the Wizards an easy matchup.

Which is still no where near Paul George or your Knicks as champs from a couple of years back.