NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
I think I'm going to stop talking about tanking. A Dunleavy 3 away from back to back losses to the Bucks and tonight blown out at home(with Deng back) by the Raptors. They might be just that bad anyway.

I've been out for a week...has anyone come up with a reasonable idea of a Deng for useless expiring guy + a draft pick that makes sense?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
I've been out for a week...has anyone come up with a reasonable idea of a Deng for useless expiring guy + a draft pick that makes sense?

Haven't seen much at any hoops sites (that's not paid subscriber only) outside of the Deng to Cleveland for Waiters+ rumor a couple weeks back. Don't see why Cleveland would do it. It's not like they're a Luol Deng away from winning anything and Waiters is still a talented young asset. Then again, they drafted Anthony Bennett #1.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Haven't seen much at any hoops sites (that's not paid subscriber only) outside of the Deng to Cleveland for Waiters+ rumor a couple weeks back. Don't see why Cleveland would do it. It's not like they're a Luol Deng away from winning anything and Waiters is still a talented young asset. Then again, they drafted Anthony Bennett #1.

Supposedly he and Kyrie got into a fight.

This team is bad. Pray for one of Jabari/Wiggins/Exum to join Rose, Noah, Mirotic and Jimmy in the starting line next year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
Supposedly he and Kyrie got into a fight.

This team is bad. Pray for one of Jabari/Wiggins/Exum to join Rose, Noah, Mirotic and Jimmy in the starting line next year.

I guess there's always the "let's kiss Kyrie's ass at all costs so he doesn't LeBron us" factor. Still, they would have to believe that they could resign Deng AND that they could be competitive with him to part with Waiters. At least that's what you'd think.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
I guess there's always the "let's kiss Kyrie's ass at all costs so he doesn't LeBron us" factor. Still, they would have to believe that they could resign Deng AND that they could be competitive with him to part with Waiters. At least that's what you'd think.

Or, as like you said, they're the Cavs.

You trade Kirk and Deng and this team gets into the top 3.

Jeff Hornacek is my early season pick for COY. I don't know how that team, that was supposed to be top 5 bad, is doing what they're doing in that conference. I didn't think that two pg lineup stuff was going to work out at all.

Random thought: Is it me, or are the Thunder a better team than they were in '12? Ibaka is clearly better and they made the right call in extending him instead of Harden. And while there's no Harden on their bench, there's more depth in Jackson, Adams and Lamb. I don't know if they can win it all. But as far as regular season goes, they need Harden about as much as 2k5 needs a post-count boost.

I'm going to game tonight. I got these tix a month ago. Was so pumped to see Rose back in person and hear him announced.

Fast forward a month and I'm going to watch a game with Jeff Teague starting and being backed up by DJ Augustin. Cruel, cruel world.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
I'm going to game tonight. I got these tix a month ago. Was so pumped to see Rose back in person and hear him announced.

Fast forward a month and I'm going to watch a game with Jeff Teague starting and being backed up by DJ Augustin. Cruel, cruel world.

Sorry bud, it just got worse...you got the wrong Teague!

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/

Joakim Noah, the emotional leader of the Chicago Bulls, delivered a personal challenge of sorts to his teammates after an embarrassing 99-77 loss to the Toronto Raptors on Saturday night.

"Losing sucks," Noah said as he sat dejectedly in front of his locker. "There's no question about it. But it also shows people's true colors. Who's willing to keep fighting through the adversity or who's just going to say, 'You know what? I don't want no part of this, and I'm just going to take bad shots and just not care at all about making winning plays or playing defense and things like that.'? So everybody has to stick together. Everybody has to jell and keep fighting together."

[+] EnlargeNoah-Gibson

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh"Losing sucks," said a frustrated Joakim Noah, left; he remains confident the "high character in this locker room" will fuse the Bulls together.

For the first time in a while, it looked like the Bulls had stopped fighting together, especially toward the end of the game. Tom Thibodeau said he didn't want to use the fact that his team was playing its fourth game in five nights as an excuse, but maybe he should have. Battered by injuries and inconsistencies, the Bulls looked lifeless down the stretch and appear to be on the verge of another breaking point in a lost season.

So often over the past few seasons, the Bulls, despite any injuries, have managed to pull together to win games. Now, they seem to fall apart more quickly than ever. Their offense, which wasn't running efficiently even when Derrick Rose was in the lineup, looks worse than ever. Their effort, which has been so consistent in four seasons under Thibodeau, is running hot and cold all the time now. Some nights, players want to play all the way through, and some nights, players look like they are going through the motions.

Although Noah didn't call anyone out by name, many fans will look at his comments and guess that he was referring to Carlos Boozer. The veteran power forward was just 4-for-18 from the field Saturday and has been playing poor defense over the past few weeks since Rose tore the medial meniscus in his right knee. Boozer has never been a good defender, but his effort has been noticeably lackluster in recent games, as was the case in 27 minutes of play on Saturday night.

Whether Noah was referring to Boozer directly or not, though, shouldn't obscure the fact that the Bulls, as a group, have been bad since Rose went down. Boozer isn't the only problem on this flawed team that was built to win around Rose -- not play another season without him.

The Bulls just aren't very good right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Out of everyone on that roster, I can't imagine anyone feeling worse than Noah.

I'd almost want to trade him just for that reason.

I'd say I want a roster of Jo Noahs, the problem would be about 8 of them would be out with injuries at any one time.