NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulls have done two things right since 1998:

1: Draft Rose

2: Hire Thibs

You can nitpick here and there, but Thibs is a defensive messiah. Get this man some legitimate, versatile, lengthy athletes instead a bunch not all that talented, try hard guys who break down at the drop of a piece of toilet paper every single year and you'll really see something nice.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 06:05 PM)
What nobody seems eager to acknowledge that trying to tank may run Thibs out of town. This dude does not want to coach a developmental squad

Right now with the way the Bulls are headed, it really reminds me of Orlando from 2 years ago, that team wanted to contend, and it ended up with Otis Smith getting fired (Gar Forman is the new Otis Smith BTW), and SVG not sticking around because he didn't want to be in a rebuilding effort. If you look at where the Magic are now from a talent + cap situation, that should give Bulls fans hope if they want to go down the rebuilding effort.

I don't think Thibs would go to the Knicks, that team's a laughing stock at it is under Dolan (he blocks a Lowry trade because he doesn't want to get schooled by Ujiri again). The Nets I'd say would be a better possibility if they decided to can Kidd, because of the KG/Pierce factor, otherwise maybe New Orleans would be the only offer potential available spot ATM where I could see him having some interest (who wouldn't want to coach Anthony Davis).

In terms of where the Bullls should go from here, they should really be doing everything they can to get a top 6 pick.

Ending up with one of Parker, Randle, Wiggins, Exum, Smart or Embiid gives you a player you can potentially build your franchise around. And I wouldn't hesitate at drafting either Exum or Smart at say 5 or 6 if I was the Bulls, either of those players should be able to play the 2 Guard Spot with their size.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:22 AM)
Once again...

Noah > Aldridge

/boring Bulls fans

I don't think anyone here said that. I think what was stated is that you want to add Aldridge (or Horford) TO Noah to have an effective difference. That said, obviously you'd make that deal if you could.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 01:05 AM)
What nobody seems eager to acknowledge that trying to tank may run Thibs out of town. This dude does not want to coach a developmental squad

Honestly as much as I like the guy and want him to be the coach, if he can't see the bigger picture, f*** him. Goodbye. This year is going nowhere. Why not try and get another all start level talent to play with Rose next year?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Honestly as much as I like the guy and want him to be the coach, if he can't see the bigger picture, f*** him. Goodbye. This year is going nowhere. Why not try and get another all start level talent to play with Rose next year?

I don't think he minds that so much as the prospect of indefinite rebuilding, since nobody tends to be so good at it that it can be achieved during one season

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
I don't think he minds that so much as the prospect of indefinite rebuilding, since nobody tends to be so good at it that it can be achieved during one season

I don't see why next year would need to be a rebuild. Barring something unforeseen you're going to have a core of Rose, Butler and Noah. Taj, Kirk and Dunleavy off the bench. Maybe a little more than the ordinary seasonal change but not much.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
While I am hoping for the Tank and the high pick, I just cannot watch it. There is no enjoyment in it for me, the team looks defeated out there at all times, Thibs has that "Yea, i know what is going on" look on his face, the rookies arent looking like they are learning so much as they are being thrown into the fire.

It just isnt fun.

I just can't watch them this year. It is awful and depressing. It is like watching the Charlie Brown Valentine Special.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
[/b]

I just can't watch them this year. It is awful and depressing. It is like watching the Charlie Brown Valentine Special.

LOL! It was depressing at first but just like with the White Sox, I'm watching even though it's not pretty. I hope the end result is a loss, but if it isn't I'm not gonna get pissed off about it. Que Sera, Sera.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
LOL! It was depressing at first but just like with the White Sox, I'm watching even though it's not pretty. I hope the end result is a loss, but if it isn't I'm not gonna get pissed off about it. Que Sera, Sera.

I wouldn't care at all if not for the quality/depth of this upcoming draft. Who the hell knows when another draft like this will come along.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
I wouldn't care at all if not for the quality/depth of this upcoming draft. Who the hell knows when another draft like this will come along.

This is very true. Like I said, I want them to lose. But, this is a proud organization and they're still trying to win. I don't mind that so much. They shouldn't have won tonight. Dunleavy's shot was so f***ing lucky, just one of those things. They're going to lose plenty of games yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
The Suns are apparently wanting to deal their 2014 picks for a "star".

Think Noah would pique their interest? They're starting Miles Plumlee for Christ's sake.

I assume that "star" would have to have drawing power as well, don't think Jo is what they're looking for.