NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
Rose just created a s*** storm for him and the Bulls come playoff time (unless were lucky and they dont make it) with these comments. What the hell was he thinking?

I don't think anyone will believe the S***storm if someone tries to start it.

And I'm not sure anyone would care either.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
Holy s*** is Brooklyn bad. Losing by 30 to the Knicks? Lol

Nets 1st round picks

2014 None

2015 Hawks (option to swap)

2016 Celtics (unprotected)

2017 Celtics (Option to Swap)

2018 Celtics (Unprotected)

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
Nets 1st round picks

2014 None

2015 Hawks (option to swap)

2016 Celtics (unprotected)

2017 Celtics (Option to Swap)

2018 Celtics (Unprotected)

Yeah, both the Johnson and the Pierce/Garnett trades will be epic fails at this rate. Atlanta must be loving this since they can swap picks this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
I had a feeling these idiots would bring it against the Heat. Carlos -- pretend it's the playoffs against elite competition, please.

Bulls have played well but this game is mostly about the Heat giving absolutely no effort whatsoever.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
I had a feeling these idiots would bring it against the Heat. Carlos -- pretend it's the playoffs against elite competition, please.

Lol, like I said earlier today, this is the game where the bulls inexplicably get off the mat and give the Heat a game

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
Lol, like I said earlier today, this is the game where the bulls inexplicably get off the mat and give the Heat a game

Yup, it's sad and infuriating. I don't care about Wiggins, Parker, Randle, etc. That's not gonna happen. But there's some serious impact players outside the top 5 and you know we're going to miss out on all of them because we have to play hard and with da heart and all that other lame s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 11:26 PM)
Yup, it's sad and infuriating. I don't care about Wiggins, Parker, Randle, etc. That's not gonna happen. But there's some serious impact players outside the top 5 and you know we're going to miss out on all of them because we have to play hard and with da heart and all that other lame s***.

I understand the theory of losing to get a higher draft pick but there is almost a zero chance the Bulls will be a lottery team. The way the season is going, it might only take 30 wins to make the playoffs in the East. The Bulls will win 35 by accident even without playing their best.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
I understand the theory of losing to get a higher draft pick but there is almost a zero chance the Bulls will be a lottery team. The way the season is going, it might only take 30 wins to make the playoffs in the East. The Bulls will win 35 by accident even without playing their best.

Yup. It's too hard to tank in the east this year. I wonder what worst conference record ever is since the merger.

It's the Knicks/Nets who have f***ed the conference up. If those two were playing anywhere near their talent level (or even last year's level) the conference wouldn't look nearly as bad. Then we'd only need teams like the Wizards, Hawks and Pistons, who all have more talent than the Bulls sans rose, to be better over 82 games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
It's the Knicks/Nets who have f***ed the conference up. If those two were playing anywhere near their talent level (or even last year's level) the conference wouldn't look nearly as bad. Then we'd only need teams like the Wizards, Hawks and Pistons, who all have more talent than the Bulls sans rose, to be better over 82 games.

And the funniest thing about both of those teams is that they have eliminated their own ability to improve with the draft.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)
And the funniest thing about both of those teams is that they have eliminated their own ability to improve with the draft.

Yup. Hopefully this teaches the league a lesson. Not perfect comparisons. But not everybody can do what Boston did in '08 and obviously what the Heat have done ala super teams.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)

The Nets really screwed themselves big time. They set the franchise back years just to have an outside shot at a title this year and next. We see how well that has worked out so far.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
The Nets really screwed themselves big time. They set the franchise back years just to have an outside shot at a title this year and next. We see how well that has worked out so far.

I'm still not sold on them being THIS bad. They have a lot of injuries. Heck, even the Knicks are better than this. Both will be playoff teams, and I expect the Nets to give the Heat and Indiana some games. Especially the Heat with their size.

edit: I also think if they keep up this pace Kidd will be gone. They look like an uncoached team right now, especially on offense. It's bring the ball up the court, give the ball to someone, dribble in place and then go iso.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:56 AM)
I'm still not sold on them being THIS bad. They have a lot of injuries. Heck, even the Knicks are better than this. Both will be playoff teams, and I expect the Nets to give the Heat and Indiana some games. Especially the Heat with their size.

edit: I also think if they keep up this pace Kidd will be gone. They look like an uncoached team right now, especially on offense. It's bring the ball up the court, give the ball to someone, dribble in place and then go iso.

Which is bizarre if you think about it, Kidd is legendary for his ability to get the ball moving and assisting other players.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
When did Kyrie Irving turn into a no-talent chucker? I knew he was getting a bit overrated, but s***. He's killing my fantasy team (I know, no one cares).

And conversely, when did Arron Afflalo turn into a healthy Wade or 2010 Brandon Roy? His numbers are sick.