NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
Comparing the 4th pick in the draft to one of the greatest centers of all time is lowering expectations?

I meant it that I love how they've been trying to temper their expectations since Stevenson/LeBron.

Then boom. This draft.

They've thrown it all out the window. I find it funny.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
I can't wait for when some of those guys are flops and we will all agree that the teams that picked them were dumb and they were clearly bad picks

Michael Carter-Williams had a triple double last night. I will no longer pretend to have any idea.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
Kevin Garnett is either playing hurt or he's simply done. I'm hoping he's hurt. Even at his age it's hard to fall off a cliff like this in one year.

Eh. He's 37 and has been in the league for 19 years. That's a lot of NBA miles.

Paul Pierce is a couple years younger and also seems to have forgotten how to play basketball.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 08:56 AM)
So Kidd demoted Lawrence Frank.

Brooklyn is doing well.

Jason Kidd needs to be removed from that situation. A questionable signing has blown up on them. Also, apparently, acquiring two of the oldest "stars" in the league and selling it as the step to kick ass wasn't a good idea.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 08:56 AM)
So Kidd demoted Lawrence Frank.

Brooklyn is doing well.

The Nets shook up their coaching staff before the game, with Jason Kidd reassigning Lawrence Frank to a non-bench role in which he will write daily reports but won't be at games or practices. Kidd said he and his former coach when he played for the Nets had "different philosophies."

Just let the guy go. This is just terrible

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
Did you see where they paid Frank 6 mill to be their bench coach?

He was supposed to help Kidd transition to HC. Its kind of funny because iirc, Kidd got Byron Scott fired from the Nets because they didnt get along, and had Frank put into the HC role because Frank let him do what he wanted. Now they have different philosophies.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:25 AM)
Noah > Aldridge

/bulls fans last summer

No. Nobody wanted to make that trade because it hardly made us better in the next two or three years, especially when we had to lose Jimmy too. It wasn't a good deal to make unless you knew Rose would miss another season.