NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
And conversely, when did Arron Afflalo turn into a healthy Wade or 2010 Brandon Roy? His numbers are sick.

That one is pretty easy: he's shooting 46% from the arc so far instead of the 30% he did last year. There's not a ton of difference in his numbers other than that. Kyrie is a lot more mystifying. He put up a bagel for christ's sake!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irving's been able to get away with too many bad habits for so long in Cleveland, because they desperately don't want to lose him as they did with LeBron a few years ago. He only played 20MINS tonight though, so the next 24 hours may be interesting to see if there's any developments there.

On top of Zoom's point about Affalo, last season the Magic tried to run their offense through him as a playmaker and that's not his game, bringin in Oladipo has massively helped his game. I'd say OKC will attempt a trade for him at the deadline, but it's more likely Orlando packages up Affalo + the Denver pick in this season's draft to try and grab another top 10 selection I'd say.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
Irving's been able to get away with too many bad habits for so long in Cleveland, because they desperately don't want to lose him as they did with LeBron a few years ago. He only played 20MINS tonight though, so the next 24 hours may be interesting to see if there's any developments there.

On top of Zoom's point about Affalo, last season the Magic tried to run their offense through him as a playmaker and that's not his game, bringin in Oladipo has massively helped his game. I'd say OKC will attempt a trade for him at the deadline, but it's more likely Orlando packages up Affalo + the Denver pick in this season's draft to try and grab another top 10 selection I'd say.

What position do you see Oladipo having in the future? SG or PG?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 01:02 AM)
Hopefully SG. PG and PF are beyond loaded. The three best players in the league are SFs. C is improving. Only position kinda lacking right now is the 2-guard.

Yeah, but he isn't much of a three point shooter. Can he be Wade? I don't think he's as good as Wade was with the ball.

Edited by Boogua

He's definitely a 2 Guard going forward.

He won't be as a good as Wade was offensively in his prime, but defensively he's a better player already IMO. A better offensive version of a Tony Allen is probably a decent comparison.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 01:26 AM)
Yeah, but he isn't much of a three point shooter. Can he be Wade? I don't think he's as good as Wade was with the ball.

You're probably right. I said SG without even really thinking about it. I'm just saying we don't need no more point guards. The depth at pg is ridiculous right now. And you got Smart/Exum comin' soon.

Victor is definitely a 2. His handles need a lot of work. He would work well as a secondary handler though. The Magic would be really fun if they get Exum, Smart or Harrison if he gets his s*** together. Same with Philly if Noel is healthy and they hit their two picks (NO isn't making the playoffs in the west with Davis missing another month).

I love this lineup Chicago is running out there. Our bigs are athletic enough that having Taj-Boozer-Noah out there at the same time doesn't really hurt us defensively, especially with a 3 that is non-elite athletically. Of course, since Taj guards LBJ on occasion, I don't see why we can't try it in more situations.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
Trade Deng for Waiters and a 1st if you can.

I can't see how the Bulls would get out of the Top 5 picks.

Have you looked at the East recently?

Waiters jacking 3's like crazy might actually help the Bulls win. He'd lose them a bunch of games doing silly stuff, but would also probably win them like 10 when he gets hot. Plus Butler will be back at some point.

There's 5 teams on pace for less than 25 wins right now, and it'll get worse when guys come up with mysterious season ending injuries in March.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
Have you looked at the East recently?

Waiters jacking 3's like crazy might actually help the Bulls win. He's lose them a bunch of games doing silly stuff, but would also probably win them like 10 when he gets hot.

Have you seen this Bulls team sans Rose and without Deng tonight?

Rose going down killed their spirit. They aren't the Toon Squad.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
Have you seen this Bulls team sans Rose and without Deng tonight?

Rose going down killed their spirit. They aren't the Toon Squad.

They're 2-5 without Rose so far. That's bad, but there's still 5 teams worse than that rate. That includes blowing three close games against bad teams too. Those 7 games also come without Butler, who isn't a world beater but makes them better. They're REALLY going to have to blow it up/have injury issues to win less than 30, which is what it'd take to get into prime lottery position.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
They're 2-5 without Rose so far. That's bad, but there's still 5 teams worse than that rate. That includes blowing three close games against bad teams too. Those 7 games also come without Butler, who isn't a world beater but makes them better. They're REALLY going to have to blow it up/have injury issues to win less than 30, which is what it'd take to get into prime lottery position.

2-5 is pace for a 23 win season.

You trade Deng and I can't the see wins being much higher than 20

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)

You trade Deng and I can't the wins being much higher than 20

Once again, there's 5 teams on a worse pace than that so far, and they didn't get the above-.500 start the Bulls did. Not to mention if you have one 4-6 stretch (which is still bad), you pass like 5 more teams in the standings. EVERYONE sucks.

Tanking talk just isn't realistic when they're still in the playoffs by 2 games at the moment, without Butler for the last few weeks. They could lose 10 in a row and still might not get passed by some of these teams.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)

You trade Deng and I can't the see wins being much higher than 20

Maybe if they were in the west. For the Bulls to win 20 games they'd have to go 12-52. Even at 25 wins is 17-47. That's not happening without a complete gutting. I'm just hoping for low 30s in wins and no playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Maybe if they were in the west. For the Bulls to win 20 games they'd have to go 12-52. Even at 25 wins is 17-47. That's not happening without a complete gutting. I'm just hoping for low 30s in wins and no playoffs.

Are we certain low 30s isn't a playoff team in the east?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 03:40 AM)
Once again, there's 5 teams on a worse pace than that so far, and they didn't get the above-.500 start the Bulls did. Not to mention if you have one 4-6 stretch (which is still bad), you pass like 5 more teams in the standings. EVERYONE sucks.

Tanking talk just isn't realistic when they're still in the playoffs by 2 games at the moment, without Butler for the last few weeks. They could lose 10 in a row and still might not get passed by some of these teams.

This post is amazing.