NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
While I am hoping for the Tank and the high pick, I just cannot watch it. There is no enjoyment in it for me, the team looks defeated out there at all times, Thibs has that "Yea, i know what is going on" look on his face, the rookies arent looking like they are learning so much as they are being thrown into the fire.

It just isnt fun.

You hope Garpax is smart enough to know that Thibs can only do so much and they don't fire him.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
While I am hoping for the Tank and the high pick, I just cannot watch it. There is no enjoyment in it for me, the team looks defeated out there at all times, Thibs has that "Yea, i know what is going on" look on his face, the rookies arent looking like they are learning so much as they are being thrown into the fire.

It just isnt fun.

I think Snell is improving and getting more comfortable. Teague is just f***ing terrible. Taj is maybe showcasing himself as a trade piece. The rest? Depressing. I'd like to think it's just the emotion of having all of those expectations before the season and now they know they suck, but Noah, Kirk, Boozer, and Dunleavy...hell everyone but Taj really, sucks out there. Maybe they're just awful now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
I think Snell is improving and getting more comfortable. Teague is just f***ing terrible. Taj is maybe showcasing himself as a trade piece. The rest? Depressing. I'd like to think it's just the emotion of having all of those expectations before the season and now they know they suck, but Noah, Kirk, Boozer, and Dunleavy...hell everyone but Taj really, sucks out there. Maybe they're just awful now.

They know what's up. #tankforjabbari

Rose going down is equivalent to the Hindenburg explosion.

Edited by pettie4sox

I still can't believe people thought this was a championship roster. Even healthy (which they never are and never will be), the depth at best is 7.5/8 - depending what you think of Hinrich. After Dunleavy, there's basically no 3-point shooting. You can't beat these specialized/advanced playoff defenses with one reliable 3-point shooter. I'm not gonna even get into all the other deficiencies. The FO built a nice little regular season juggernaut. That's it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
You hope Garpax is smart enough to know that Thibs can only do so much and they don't fire him.

This actually worries me a lot, because of the very public acknowledgement of a rift between Gar and Thibs that came out this past summer

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
I still can't believe people thought this was a championship roster. Even healthy (which they never are and never will be), the depth at best is 7.5/8 - depending what you think of Hinrich. After Dunleavy, there's basically no 3-point shooting. You can't beat these specialized/advanced playoff defenses with one reliable 3-point shooter. I'm not gonna even get into all the other deficiencies. The FO built a nice little regular season juggernaut. That's it.

Any plan is going to look like s*** when your star misses 2.5 years.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
Any plan is going to look like s*** when your star misses 2.5 years.

Zoom to the Bulls' FO rescue once again. And the FO will always be able to use that excuse and enough people out there will fall for it. Point is defense, rebounding and Rose was NEVER going to be enough. Just like defense, rebounding and LeBron wasn't enough in Cleveland.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Zoom to the Bulls' FO rescue once again. And the FO will always be able to use that excuse and enough people out there will fall for it. Point is defense, rebounding and Rose was NEVER going to be enough. Just like defense, rebounding and LeBron wasn't enough in Cleveland.

Oh bulls***. That's what the Pacers have and they took the Heat to 7 games last year and frankly look like the team to beat this year. The Bulls would have been in contention this year for the same reason they were in contention in 2010 - you have a superstar, you have great defense, you have size, and you can rebound the ball.

I think if everyone is healthy, they have enough to win. The problem is everyone is never healthy, and it has been an issue for years. And it's not because Thibs plays guys too much. JR owns 2 teams. His baseball team is annually one of the healthiest. His basketball team seems to always have at least a couple of key players out. It's time to change the core, and perhaps the training and medical staff. It's not like these guys who miss 20-80 games every year are going to start playing 80. That's where GarPax is just wrong.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
Oh bulls***. That's what the Pacers have and they took the Heat to 7 games last year and frankly look like the team to beat this year. The Bulls would have been in contention this year for the same reason they were in contention in 2010 - you have a superstar, you have great defense, you have size, and you can rebound the ball.

Oh my goodness. Took the Heat to 7 games. WTF CARES!? They didn't win. That's all that matters.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
The Bulls problems stem from throwing that obscene amount of money at Boozer because they whiffed on all the premium FA.

The problem was they had to spend that money, it wasnt like they could save it for the next season. By the time the door was shut with Lebron, the rest of the free agents were already scooped up.

They had a top-10 offense the year Rose tore his ACL. We haven't seen anything near a full roster since then. It's not like Kevin Durant would be a Bull right now if the great Pat Riley were running the team. The Heat would look just as bad if LeBron were out and Wade inevitably broke down trying to be the man again.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:00 PM)
They had a top-10 offense the year Rose tore his ACL. We haven't seen anything near a full roster since then. It's not like Kevin Durant would be a Bull right now if the great Pat Riley were running the team. The Heat would look just as bad if LeBron were out and Wade inevitably broke down trying to be the man again.

Please. They couldn't even beat that s***ty Philly team who's leading scorer was GOAT candidate Lou Williams. They should've at least won that series, even without Rose (and they had a 1-0 cushion). The Bulls were never built for the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Please. They couldn't even beat that s***ty Philly team who's leading scorer was GOAT candidate Lou Williams. They should've at least won that series, even without Rose (and they had a 1-0 cushion). The Bulls were never built for the playoffs.

Noah got hurt too. This team is always injured.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
Oh my goodness. Took the Heat to 7 games. WTF CARES!? They didn't win. That's all that matters.

You keep using exaggerations like they will "NEVER" win, and i'll i'm saying is they have a good chance. Going 7 games against a team means you had a chance - a good chance - of beating them.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)

Noah was out part of that series too and they won the next year without Rose or Deng. But since you ignore stuff that doesn't fit your narrative, I will no longer bother.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Noah was out part of that series too and they won the next year without Rose or Deng. But since you ignore stuff that doesn't fit your narrative, I will no longer bother.

You brought up 2012. That Sixer team was awful. That's a series you still win. And last year they had Nate. He won game 4 by himself and was terrific the whole series. That's what you need. Not necessarily Nate. But guys that can stretch you out and take you off the bounce.

No point in arguing with J4L. The point is no one knows, I think the Bulls had enough to win this year if healthy, they're not healthy and this core more than likely never will be. I wanted to give this core a chance this year cause they've never all been together but with Deng's contract expiring and Noah breaking down all the time and Rose being completely broken, it's time to blow it up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
You brought up 2012. That Sixer team was awful. That's a series you still win. And last year they had Nate. He won game 4 by himself and was terrific the whole series. That's what you need. Not necessarily Nate. But guys that can stretch you out and take you off the bounce.

Nate would be useless on a team with Derrick. That 2012 team and this team were built around the basis that Derrick was going to be there.

Yeah I don't get that at all from anyone's perspective but the Knicks. Why would Thibs want to go to that headache of a situation? It's possible Carmelo takes off and they have little room to make improvements to the roster in the short term. Why would the Bulls want to part ways with him, even if he doesn't get along with Gar, when he's done nothing but win despite major injuries?

I think all this nonsense started with the NY press and it became a talking point for Chicago media in a boring/s***ty start to the season.