NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
I'm going to game tonight. I got these tix a month ago. Was so pumped to see Rose back in person and hear him announced.

Fast forward a month and I'm going to watch a game with Jeff Teague starting and being backed up by DJ Augustin. Cruel, cruel world.

So I glad I went to the Derrick Rose 6 3 pointer demolition of the Indiana Pacers game. Undeniably the game of the year.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
I'd say I want a roster of Jo Noahs, the problem would be about 8 of them would be out with injuries at any one time.

You know, Joakim Noah is not the first 6'10 or taller guy to be plagued with injuries. That's kind of the norm.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
You know, Joakim Noah is not the first 6'10 or taller guy to be plagued with injuries. That's kind of the norm.

No, it's not. Cousins isn't getting injured every other day despite having a much larger frame. Dwight, minus about a year is the same.

If I could trade Noah for Embiid right now, I'd do it. Because Embiid, at this stage, is more advanced than Noah. Noah doesn't do anything special.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
No, it's not. Cousins isn't getting injured every other day despite having a much larger frame. Dwight, minus about a year is the same.

If I could trade Noah for Embiid right now, I'd do it. Because Embiid, at this stage, is more advanced than Noah. Noah doesn't do anything special.

Joakim's mother would trade her son for Embiid. Dude is a genetic marvel. I can't believe he's only been ballin' for three years. Most draft sites I've seen don't have him going any lower than 4th at the moment.

Jesus@Joe Johnson. Dude went ape in the third quarter against Philly (7 3's).

Philly is terrible by the way. I think they're worse than the Jazz. That first couple weeks was just that. Though not having MCW for 11 games (1-10) after tonight hasn't helped. If Philly ends up with Wiggins, wow. Wiggins at the 3, MCW at the 1 and Noel at the 5 is enough freakish length and athleticism for five teams.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 01:41 AM)
Might as well grab Waiters and whatever else in exchange for Deng

It's all about cap space. Can't take on too much without being unable to bring Mirotic over next year.

I can see how it's about the time during the season teams might start making a move if they were wanting to be aggressive.

You know what would have been a fun narrative had the last two seasons not been mired in injury?

Remember how we were like "nobody will take Asik in a trade with his huge last year contract". That didn't pan out at all.

Went to Bulls game last night. Was amazing how Teague continues to get outplayed by journeyman. You can tell the rest of the players don't have patience for him. Deng continues to be only player worth a damn, and is doing whatever possible to score. Despite how awkward his dribble is it's amazing he doesn't get picked off more.

But it was the perfect game for me. Entertaining late (miserable for 3 quarters though), still a loss, but with a sweet 55 foot three pointer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
Asik and his agent are trying to force a trade, Houston is asking for the moon

Houston isn't asking for the moon. Finding a team that wants a $15 million cap hit for next season on a guy like Omer Asik is going to be pretty hard.

The Score is saying that there is more crap coming out of the DRose camp directed at the Bulls. What did I miss? THey are going to talk about it soon.

Found it: Derrick Rose unhappy with Bulls' rebuilding plans

The New York Daily News reports that Bulls guard Derrick Rose is concerned about rumors his team could be looking at a major realignment of the team's roster, according to those close to him.

Rose has told several confidantes that he is worried that the Bulls will start to let the team hit the skids by allowing key players to leave via free agency, forcing him to go through a rebuilding program that he wants no part of.

“Derrick is worried that the Bulls are going to lose what they have,” said a league source. “He doesn't want to go through rebuilding.”

His injuries are forcing the rebuild!! STFU DRose. I really have lost respect for you

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
The Score is saying that there is more crap coming out of the DRose camp directed at the Bulls. What did I miss? THey are going to talk about it soon.

His injuries are forcing the rebuild!! STFU DRose. I really have lost respect for you

The NY Daily News is all garbage. The Score clearly just needs something to talk about.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)

If that's the case, then screw him. We've wasted the last two seasons because of him.