NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Pretty effortlessly too. So why hasnt he done that the last 4 quarters? Thats my point. He should have the ball every trip. Worse case he gets free throws or finds an open shooter.

Because he doesn't have Jordan's mentality. If he did, he could be the GOAT, easily.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:19 PM)
Seriously does anyone have j4l's contact info?? He hasn't been on, and I'm legitimately worried for his safety emotionally, mentally, and physically :(

This

Serious question, do any of J4L's predictions ever pan out? He was going on and on about Beasley and Oden and how dominating the Heat looked in a garbage conference...lol

Also, can we forget about LeBron being better than Jordan, like forever? This is a guy who was a miracle Ray Ray three from being 1-4 in the Finals.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
Also, can we forget about LeBron being better than Jordan, like forever? This is a guy who was a miracle Ray Ray three from being 1-4 in the Finals.

Meant to say this...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)

I still don't understand why it's worse to lose in the finals for one's legacy than it is to lose any other time.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
If only the Spurs made their free throws in game 2...

Hopefully the Spurs can put this team away in game 5, because if they don't, I'd start to worry a bit.

LeBron's great game in GM 2 saved the Heat from an embarrassing sweep.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
I still don't understand why it's worse to lose in the finals for one's legacy than it is to lose any other time.

Ask Wilt. Seriously though, it's the highest level, either you're good enough or you ain't. MJ is GOAT in my opinion because he refused to lose once he had the title within sight, sometimes on sheer will alone ve more talented teams. If LeBron had MJ's sheer will to leave everything on the floor, he'd be almost impossible to beat, he has everything to be on that level but he doesn't.

I've seen both MJ and LeBron's career, it isn't the homer in me, MJ without question is the superior player, absolutely no doubt in my mind. That's why I laugh when J4L says it's 'a cloin flip' between them, or crap like MJ fans are 'worried' about LeBron.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 01:24 AM)
Shocked by today's result. Heat got schooled. Very surprised LeBron stunk in home game tonight.

My guess is now the Heat barely wins the next game to tie it at 2. Then it's up for grabs.

Chalmers is killing Miami as dumb as that sounds cause Cole isn't the answer.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:48 PM)
Ask Wilt. Seriously though, it's the highest level, either you're good enough or you ain't. MJ is GOAT in my opinion because he refused to lose once he had the title within sight, sometimes on sheer will alone ve more talented teams. If LeBron had MJ's sheer will to leave everything on the floor, he'd be almost impossible to beat, he has everything to be on that level but he doesn't.

I've seen both MJ and LeBron's career, it isn't the homer in me, MJ without question is the superior player, absolutely no doubt in my mind. That's why I laugh when J4L says it's 'a cloin flip' between them, or crap like MJ fans are 'worried' about LeBron.

The Bulls never faced a more talented team in the NBA finals and post bad boys Pistons they never played a more talented team in the playoffs. The one series loss LeBron deserves criticism for is the finals loss to the Mavericks. This year the Heat's defense is just getting absolutely shredded by the Spurs and there isn't a whole lot LeBron can do about that on his own. Jordan is the greatest of all time but the amount of criticism LeBron still gets is laughable.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 11:01 PM)
The Bulls never faced a more talented team in the NBA finals and post bad boys Pistons they never played a more talented team in the playoffs. The one series loss LeBron deserves criticism for is the finals loss to the Mavericks. This year the Heat's defense is just getting absolutely shredded by the Spurs and there isn't a whole lot LeBron can do about that on his own. Jordan is the greatest of all time but the amount of criticism LeBron still gets is laughable.

Lebron gets criticized because he's being compared to the elite of the elite. There are people everywhere that were starting to think that he was better than MJ. GOAT threads everywhere, people wondering if this was the greatest playoff run ever, etc. His failures are going to be magnified. It probably doesn't help how he teamed up with two hall of famers and then talked about how many championships they would win.

One could argue that the 98 Jazz team was a bit more talented due to Pippens back ailments, but that's not a big deal either way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 11:01 PM)

Just to nitpick, 94-95 Magic were more talented IMO (no bigs on Chicago) and I think you can make the argument for the Suns (not great defensively though).

I agree with your general premise though. Let's blame everything on the guy averaging 27.5 a game on the series while shooting 60% from the floor! Yeah, he's not MJ, but he can score 40 the last two games and they still lose. The Spurs have just been better.

Edited by ZoomSlowik