NBA Thread 2013-2014

The Heat as a team actually shot the ball incredibly well. LeBron shooting more wasn't really the answer although his turnovers hurt them a lot yesterday. The real issue for the Heat is that you simply aren't going to win when the other team shoots 60% from the floor, 45% on 20 3 attempts and gets to the line 32 times while making over 80%.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
The Heat as a team actually shot the ball incredibly well. LeBron shooting more wasn't really the answer although his turnovers hurt them a lot yesterday. The real issue for the Heat is that you simply aren't going to win when the other team shoots 60% from the floor, 45% on 20 3 attempts and gets to the line 32 times while making over 80%.

I disagree completely. He scored 14 of his 22 in the 1st quarter. After that, he disappeared.

As a bulls fan, I really hope Thibidou and GarPax watched last night's game.

I hope they saw how in playoff games every D player is all over you, rotations are quicker, and trying to beat that by having one 3 point shooter on the floor and one player going iso is a fools game.

The passing of SA is constantly forcing rotations on defense and getting d players off balance enough to get some driving room, and if it collapses an open 3. They were finding the open three player all the way across the lane (i.e. the hardest pass) consistently.

Bulls will never beat the heat or a good playoff team as currently operating.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 10h

Game 3 winner of a tied NBA Finals series goes on to win the series 83 percent of the time (30-6)

Unfortunately, one of those 6 was the Spurs last year.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
Reports now of the heat big 3 all opting out and taking reduced salaries to get Carmelo Anthony to join them. I think that happening would finally cause me to stop watching the NBA.

That'd be absolutely terrible

Reports now of the heat big 3 all opting out and taking reduced salaries to get Carmelo Anthony to join them. I think that happening would finally cause me to stop watching the NBA.

ugh, i just saw that too, on facebook.

lebron had previously tweeted this to wade and carmelo:

"@DwyaneWade: The beginning... @KingJames @DwyaneWade @CameronAnthony pic.twitter.com/VBxWKCNCaz(And nowhere near the end!)

ec8338b0-7d2e-433d-9af7-25e7347c830e_zps

maybe it was a sign haha anyways, if they wanted to do this, nothing could be done about it by the nba right?

I guess Lebron really, really wants to try to get to those six rings. By any means necessary.

Although it'll be funny when Carmelo completely changes his game to become a glorified role player so that Lebron fans can continue with the "he doesn't have enough help" stuff.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
What a bunch of p*****s. If that happens, so long NBA. I won't watch another minute, and I hope everyone else does the same.

[/color]Pleeeeease. You just mad they didn't go to Chicago. Why the hate?"

That'll never happen.

Plus, I really doubt Melo is going to take a 50% paycut to be LeBron's wingman.

The Player's Association will also have something to say about it.

Edited by chw42

I tell you one certainty: Nobody will be taking less money just to play with Carmelo. They might defer it if possible or something but NO WAY any of those guys takes less money - meaning LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Melo.

Now does anybody know a way they can get Melo and everybody keep their riches? Is deferring a possibility or ?

I'll tell you a team that needs to circumvent money and add some pieces is the Thunder. Just adding Reggie Jackson and Adams won't cut it. They need some help but I am assuming they don't have the money. Frankly I think the Spurs will win the West again next year. Duncan still can play and their other old guys are still good enough to beat the Thunder cause of the way the Spurs pass the f***ing ball and hit open shots.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
Even if it did happen, I could see them flopping. Look at LA when they signed Malone and Payton. Not enough basketballs for that Hear squad.

The difference is, Peyton and Malone were at the end of the line, whereas outside of Wade who isn't far from it, Lebron Melo and Bosh are in their primes

If my math is right, they'd all have to sign for around $12.5 mil for it to be viable, a bit more if Haslem and/or Anderson use their ETO. They all left around $2 mil a year on the table to make this team, but that's a HUGE cut. They're all slated to make north of $20 million next year, closer to $22 million for Melo if he gets the max. That also assumes that they renounce the Bird Rights to everyone else (except Cole, who's under contract). While that's not the end of the world, they could still use guys like Chalmers and Allen and they will have to replace them for the minimum. Remember, you can't use both cap space and exceptions.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
What a bunch of p*****s. If that happens, so long NBA. I won't watch another minute, and I hope everyone else does the same.

I'd do the complete opposite and join J4L on dat Heat bandwagon. We da bess!!! You mad, bro?