Games Thread 6/28, CLE @ SOX x2

cabiness42

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 11:07 PM)
Are we any closer to the first draft pick, lol?

Indians were almost TRYING to give that game to us (looked extremely tired out there) and Addison snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again.

Yea those 28 runs in 2 games sure made them look tired.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
It is June 29th at approximately 1:23 AM (CST) and it's just hit me that f***ing hockey is the best thing going in this town/ #suicidalthoughts

And, minus the return of the real D. Rose, that will be the case for the next 2-3 years.

BlackHawks aren't going to lose most of their team like they did due to salary cap issues going into 2011...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 07:29 AM)
Oh yes it is. Hockey is terrible. Even the diehards don't understand all the rules.

I understand the rules. The Hawks title is making this a LOT easier to digest.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
I'm pretty sure you'd actually love it if you tried to understand it.

That's how I feel . I love baseball .It's America .Grew up playing it , played catch with Dad all that homespun Field of Dreams goodness to it. Played about 10,000 games of basketball. Played football in the street , parks, even frat flag football in college. Always played sports , always had a ball of some type in my hand. No jokes please. But I have to also say baseball is slow paced. Football also is with the huddles and penalties. Basketball so many fouls and free throws I can't even watch the championships. Only watch the Bulls . Hockey is pretty much constant motion and you see so many amazing plays. Hardly ever played it, some street hockey without skates , had a stick, never any skates. Dad would buy hard plastic stick blades that slid on the shaft once you broke the wooden blade and I'd curve the blade holding it over the burner on the stove top. Love watching the Hawks now because never saw them on TV growing up.

Went to the DH today, stuck it out until the final pitch. Was my girlfriend's first big league game. How profoundly disappointing. We still had a good time, going to an MLB game is always a positive experience, but it was among the most frustrating things I've ever had to watch. This is especially magnified since I was there in person and you're hoping to make a nice memory. What a mess. That's all the money they'll get from me this year.