Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)
Phantasytour, someone on one of the boards has that same username and is a Sox and Cardinals fan

This is the only non-Cardinal board I frequent. I wish Bucket would check in because he may know something from the White Sox side. Like I said, this could mean nothing but the promotion of Mateo is very curious. If Wong is staying in Memphis, there would be nowhere for Mateo to play making the promotion strange. I already said that Wong is not coming to St. Louis because there is nowhere for him to play there, either.

Wong always seemed like the most obvious prospect to build a trade around given that the Cardinals have Carpenter at 2B. I can eliminate the Astros (Norris) as a trade partner because they have a 2B that they just extended. My mind is racing because I can't really understand this sequence of events.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 7m

Addison Reed on the White Sox trading Jake Peavy: "It's probably going to happen." Story on Peavy and Rios on the way soon...

Details

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien

Since when is Addison Reed the source on who the Sox will trade? Does he know Trade Winds has a thread about him? :D

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:36 AM)
This is the only non-Cardinal board I frequent. I wish Bucket would check in because he may know something from the White Sox side. Like I said, this could mean nothing but the promotion of Mateo is very curious. If Wong is staying in Memphis, there would be nowhere for Mateo to play making the promotion strange. I already said that Wong is not coming to St. Louis because there is nowhere for him to play there, either.

Wong always seemed like the most obvious prospect to build a trade aroud given that the Cardinals have Carpenter at 2B. I can eliminate the Astros (Norris) because they have a 2B that they just extended. My mind is racing because I can't really understand this sequence of events.

I read Wong's missed a few games now, so any chance he's just banged up and they'll demote Mateo in a few days?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:38 PM)
Since when is Addison Reed the source on who the Sox will trade? Does he know Trade Winds has a thread about him? :D

Hell when players start coming out and saying a guy is probably going to get traded....thatll set off the smoke alarms.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
I read Wong's missed a few games now, so any chance he's just banged up and they'll demote Mateo in a few days?

Well, I guess that is possible but the Cardinals also promoted another 2B from Hi-A to Springfield (AA) to take Mateo's place. The promoted player is a bonafide prospect named Colin Walsh. Also, Mateo has nearly 200 ABs this season at Springfield so he plays often.

As a Cardinal fan, this is a very strange sequence of events and a sequence that doesn't fit the Cardinals profile.

Everyone here seems to think the target is Peavy but I think it could also be Ramirez and Crain.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
If the Sox are trading Peavy for a package of Cardinals players, I'm hoping for a lot more than Wong in the trade. Wong is a solid player but has a pretty low ceiling.

Agreed, I would want Wong and Martinez because Wong wouldnt be near enough

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)
Still feel Peavy is best suited for Red Sox or DBacks

My neighbor is a White Sox fan and I told him tonight that I thought Peavy would be traded to the Red Sox. Such a deal would not surprise me at all.

However, I have thought for a few weeks that the Cardinals would have interest in Ramirez and Crain and I could definitely see Wong being part of that.

I'd do Wong for Ramirez + small cash in a heartbeat. Gives you a good, cheap option for the MI while unloading an ok contract (Ramirez has just disappointed offensively for the last few seasons).

That seems fairly desperate for the Cards though, but I guess their SS situation is pretty awful.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
why would any Scout worth his salt recommend acquiring Alexei Ramirez

Um... maybe because he plays above average and at times gold glove caliber defense.

Or it could be that he's been hitting something like .330 over the past 6 weeks.

Could also be that he has the ability to do pretty much everything on a diamond.

Hommie can hit, steal, run, field, and throw.

His power has disappeared, yes... but he's still a solid player signed to a reasonable contract.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
why would any Scout worth his salt recommend acquiring Alexei Ramirez

Oh I don't know, maybe because he's been one of the best hitting(average wise) shortstops in the game over the last month? He's hitting .100 points higher than the shortstops in St. Louis over the last month.

Yes he makes a bonehead mistake every once in awhile but he's still one of the best defensive shortstops in the league.

If I was a team who needed a SS i'd be all over him.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Apparently the A's made a late push for Garza. Maybe they would be interested in Peavy. Any interesting prospects they have?

Addison Russell and that's about it

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Apparently the A's made a late push for Garza. Maybe they would be interested in Peavy. Any interesting prospects they have?

Well they could have made the late push to get Texas to surrender more in that trade