Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
I'm ready for a bunch of deals just to get some new blood in here...I'm reading Bears notes in freaking July and that's not right.

I've been reading college hoops stuff for a couple weeks now as well, even more not right. Its a bummer, really.

It will definitely be interesting to see the moves, but I am starting to think that Crain and maybe one other player, say De Aza, will be traded. Peavy and Rios are here unless someone overpays, which is good. Danks and Dunn are probably gone if someone takes on their salaries, and throws in a lottery ticket A baller, but that's unlikely. Lindstrom could go, but the SOX have a nice option on him next year - he wouldn't be a terrible guy to keep around. Addison isn't going anywhere, nor is Tank or Beckham. Alexei is a wild card because I think the SOX would move him if they were to acquire someone to play short (such as Chris Ownings from the DBacks in a Rios / Crain deal), but that is probably unlikely as well. If the dominoes start rolling though, you never know. Some fresh blood, and some legit young bats would definitely be refreshing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
I'd guess something like Peavy, Rios and $10 mill to the Rangers for 2 B prospects and a youngish backup on their ML roster.

Good lord, I am happy you're not the GM. If the SOX are moving Rios, Peavy and sending $10M in the deal, they better be getting some very legitimate talent ready to produce by next year. If not, why trade them? Neither have outrageous contracts. No point in trading guys just to trade them, the SOX have plenty of money coming off the books in the next 36 months. I just don't think the SOX will trade guys to drop payroll to $60M and be the Marlins next year, and the move you suggested would be just that.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Good lord, I am happy you're not the GM. If the SOX are moving Rios, Peavy and sending $10M in the deal, they better be getting some very legitimate talent ready to produce by next year. If not, why trade them? Neither have outrageous contracts. No point in trading guys just to trade them, the SOX have plenty of money coming off the books in the next 36 months. I just don't think the SOX will trade guys to drop payroll to $60M and be the Marlins next year, and the move you suggested would be just that.

It's not what I want. I just see a dry market. Hope I'm wrong.

The Peavy/Garza question above is a good one. Peavy at his best his better, his career is better. He's signed for longer. His salary is higher and Garza's had a really good year. And Peavy is fresh off injury. Garza should give us an idea of what we'll get.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:33 AM)
OF Joc Pederson. All you need to know. Sox would want him and he would be the center piece

I like what I read about him. If LA truly has no room for him through 2017, then send LA Alexei, Rios and Crain. Would that do it? If not give them Peavy instead of Crain and get in return Joc plus another prospect.

If they don't want an outfielder in Rios, then give them Dunn instead of Rios.

What is a fair return for Joc? He sounds like a prospect the Sox might want to acquire while there's a realistic chance of getting him.

I absolutely believe LA would trade Pederson to fill holes they have. They have 3 untraceable OFers in Kemp, Crawford and Ethier to go with Puig. Whether the sox have what they need...

Yet Pederson would be a guy to build around for the sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
I like what I read about him. If LA truly has no room for him through 2017, then send LA Alexei, Rios and Crain. Would that do it? If not give them Peavy instead of Crain and get in return Joc plus another prospect.

If they don't want an outfielder in Rios, then give them Dunn instead of Rios.

What is a fair return for Joc? He sounds like a prospect the Sox might want to acquire while there's a realistic chance of getting him.

They definitely do not have room for Rios with four quality OF already.

The Dodgers system is pretty thin. It goes about three deep and then drops off, so the centerpiece would need to be one of Zach Lee, Pederson, or Seager. Seager probably ends up at 3B like his brother eventually given his size. I would pass on Lee, but some people like him as a prospect. I think Pederson and two low level guys would be an appropriate return for Peavy when he proves healthy.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 07:43 AM)
I absolutely believe LA would trade Pederson to fill holes they have. They have 3 untraceable OFers in Kemp, Crawford and Ethier to go with Puig. Whether the sox have what they need...

Yet Pederson would be a guy to build around for the sox.

This looks a lot like those guys to me...

16543078-chalk-outline-of-dead-body-on-a

T.J. Quinn made a good point on ESPN about Nelson Cruz - as an upcoming free agent, it behooves him to get this resolved by the end of the season so it isn't hanging over his head when he's looking for a new team.

This could open up the market for Rios for sure.

Martin Perez, Luke Jackson, Luis Sardinas, Rougned Odor, Nomar Mazara, Ronald Guzman, Neil Ramirez (maybe?), Jorge Alfaro (hurt), Joey Gallo (hurt)

Also, top 10 guy entering the season Cody Buckel has suffered a complete implosion. He had a great year last year and had an outside shot to make the big league club entering this year. He threw 9.1 IP in Double-A with a 20.25 ERA (29 runs) with 28 BB. No typos there. They assigned him to extended spring where he seems to be rotting away. John Sickels says "pitchers will break your heart" in reference to him and he's right. Crazy collapse.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
Martin Perez, Luke Jackson, Luis Sardinas, Rougned Odor, Nomar Mazara, Ronald Guzman, Neil Ramirez (maybe?), Jorge Alfaro (hurt), Joey Gallo (hurt)

Also, top 10 guy entering the season Cody Buckel has suffered a complete implosion. He had a great year last year and had an outside shot to make the big league club entering this year. He threw 9.1 IP in Double-A with a 20.25 ERA (29 runs) with 28 BB. No typos there. They assigned him to extended spring where he seems to be rotting away. John Sickels says "pitchers will break your heart" in reference to him and he's right. Crazy collapse.

If Cruz does get suspended in the near future combined with the rangers lacking offense and being outside the playoff window, I wouldn't be surprised if Profar became available. This time last year everyone was saying that Olt wasn't available and untouchable and now he was just shipped out of town for a rental. In his short time at the major league level Profar hasn't lit the world on fire and he isn't moving the incumbents off their respective positions any time soon.