Possible Alexei Destinations

Jake

Rios might be the best outfielder and hitter out on the market.

Alexei has been tearing it up as of late.

De Aza is also killing the ball.

Peavy coming back soon barring his rehab start.

Anyone else think we can actually get a decent haul for De Aza and Alexei?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
Rios might be the best outfielder and hitter out on the market.

Alexei has been tearing it up as of late.

De Aza is also killing the ball.

Peavy coming back soon barring his rehab start.

Anyone else think we can actually get a decent haul for De Aza and Alexei?

I think Alexei is going to bring back some nice prospects and I expect an even better haul from Rios & Peavy, but De Aza is some one I'd rather keep and move lower in the line-up. Stick him in LF and bat him 7th, let him hit .270/.330/.440 with that good power/speed blend, he's cheap now and I don't think we'd get a lot back in a trade TBH.

I think the sox should hold onto De Aza and move him to LF where his defense plays up as + since June 1st he has put up this line .290/.360/.434 - .794 with 4 HR and 5SB. He is 29 and under control through the remainder of his "prime" he could very well be a 20/20 threat at the top of the order. Keep him.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
I think the sox should hold onto De Aza and move him to LF where his defense plays up as + since June 1st he has put up this line .290/.360/.434 - .794 with 4 HR and 5SB. He is 29 and under control through the remainder of his "prime" he could very well be a 20/20 threat at the top of the order. Keep him.

Yeah, De Aza is a guy I would float 4/20-4/24 at and just stick in LF while we rebuild and develop some new outfielders. Maybe he tears it up in the 1st half next year and we can trade him then for better value.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Yeah, De Aza is a guy I would float 4/20-4/24 at and just stick in LF while we rebuild and develop some new outfielders. Maybe he tears it up in the 1st half next year and we can trade him then for better value.

His arb status means that his value is probably at its highest now. He starts getting progressively more expensive over the next couple years and might hit the "non-tender candidate" point one of them.

What would be better, making a package offer of two or more of our veterans OR making separate deals with different teams for individual players? Would we have a better chance of obtaining top 20 prospects by combining vets?

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
What would be better, making a package offer of two or more of our veterans OR making separate deals with different teams for individual players? Would we have a better chance of obtaining top 20 prospects by combining vets?

It depends. I wouldn't trade Rios and Ramirez for example. That would be quite a haul and most teams would be unwilling to give up for both. Same goes for Peavy. Sox might be able to extend the value of a deal by adding Lindstrom or De Aza in a deal with one of the position players. Crain is another guy. With Crain's injury, it is possible he'd be packaged. If Pittsburgh wanted Rios, they may like Crain as well giving them the best bullpen in NL and upping the ante as far as prospects the White Sox could receive.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
It depends. I wouldn't trade Rios and Ramirez for example. That would be quite a haul and most teams would be unwilling to give up for both. Same goes for Peavy. Sox might be able to extend the value of a deal by adding Lindstrom or De Aza in a deal with one of the position players. Crain is another guy. With Crain's injury, it is possible he'd be packaged. If Pittsburgh wanted Rios, they may like Crain as well giving them the best bullpen in NL and upping the ante as far as prospects the White Sox could receive.

A Cardinal fan here:

I am suprised that Thornton has been the only White Sox player traded but I guess after the AS break, we will see more action.

I read somewhere that Schierholtz from the Cubs is more likely to be traded to the Pirates because they could platoon him with Tabata and the financial cost would be considerably less. Don't know the specifics on salaries of both players but it sounds reasonable.

Cardinal fans have been distracted by the Asdrubal Cabrera rumors recently but this Cards fan likes Ramirez better but my opinion doesn't count. I am still willing to trade Wong for Ramirez but apparently, I hold the minority opinion. Hopefully, Ramirez to the Cardinals rumors pick up some steam.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 10:47 AM)
A Cardinal fan here:

I am suprised that Thornton has been the only White Sox player traded but I guess after the AS break, we will see more action.

I read somewhere that Schierolz from the Cubs is more likely to be traded to the Pirates because they could platoon him with Tabata and the financial cost would be considerably less. Don't know the specifics on salaries of both players but it sounds reasonable.

Cardinal fans have been distracted by the Asdrubal Cabrera rumors recently but this Cards fan likes Ramirez better but my opinion doesn't count. I am still willing to trade Wong for Ramirez but apparently, I hold the minority opinion. Hopefully, Ramirez to the Cardinals rumors pick up some steam.

IF it's true the Biogenesis suspensions will roll out next week you will see a lot of action on the trade front right then.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
IF it's true the Biogenesis suspensions will roll out next week you will see a lot of action on the trade front right then.

When the story broke a month or so ago and they named several players, they did say there were a couple more huge names that weren't on there. This is going to be interesting. It looks like MLB would be very happy if ARod and Braun never played again.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)

From what has been speculated, once the suspensions are handed out, they will be immediately appealed and likely won't be enforced until 2014.

We are still probably another week away from the market starting to get hot. Garza will be moved this weekend, which will expand the teams that are looking at Sox pitching. Hahn doesn't need to do anything until someone meets his price or until July 31st when he can decide to take the best of what has been offered or try to make deals through the waiver wire.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/red-...of-infield.html

The Red Sox "have been open to exploring the market for potential contributors on the left side of the infield to help for the rest of 2013," writes Alex Speier of WEEI.com, who adds that the Sox are conducting their search despite possessing arguably more high-end third base and shortstop prospects than any team in baseball.

Between Will Middlebrooks, Xander Bogaerts and Garin Cecchini, that Sox have a plethora of talented infielders who could fill those spots long-term. That doesn't even include Jose Iglesias, whose overall production this season has been outstanding. Iglesias, however, has slumped of late, hitting just .205 without an extra base hit over his past 10 games. Given his minor league track record (.244/.296/.292 in 916 Triple-A plate appearances), it's fair to wonder whether or not he can sustain anything close to his current level of offensive output. Stephen Drew is also nearing a return, but his .233/.313/.409 batting line isn't what the Sox had hoped it would be.

Tim Dierkes recently examined the trade market for third basemen and the trade market for shortstops, and the cupboard is mostly bare in terms of short-term fixes. Michael Young could be a fit at third base if the team is looking strictly for help in 2013 (my own speculation), though his glove weighs down his trade value. Beyond that, most of the starters are controlled through at least the 2014 season. General manager Ben Cherington has already been active on the trade market recently, adding left-hander Matt Thornton in a trade with the White Sox.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 02:30 AM)
Alexei wouldn't be "for the rest of '13."

It sounds like they only want a short term option for the rest of this year. Makes sense as they have Bogaerts almost ready. Ramirez doesn't sound like an option for Boston.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
I predict Alexei ends up with the Cardinals and we get next to nothing back. Just a feeling.

As a Cardinal fan, I hope you are correct. I would love for the Cardinals to get Ramirez but I don't even get the sense that it is being discussed. I have seen some rumors about Asdrubal Cabrera but none connecting Ramirez and the Cardinals.

As to your second point, any trade this time of year will be somewhat costly. If the Cardinals and White Sox do ever trade, the cost will be partially determined by how much of the Ramirez salary the Cardinals are willing to assume.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
As a Cardinal fan, I hope you are correct. I would love for the Cardinals to get Ramirez but I don't even get the sense that it is being discussed. I have seen some rumors about Asdrubal Cabrera but none connecting Ramirez and the Cardinals.

As to your second point, any trade this time of year will be somewhat costly. If the Cardinals and White Sox do ever trade, the cost will be partially determined by how much of the Ramirez salary the Cardinals are willing to assume.

The Asdrubal Cabrera thing is confusing to me because the Indians are totally in contention right now. But yeah, I hear people talking about it too.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 10:15 AM)
The Asdrubal Cabrera thing is confusing to me because the Indians are totally in contention right now. But yeah, I hear people talking about it too.

What I fugure is that the Indians have Aviles and Lindor coming (just promoted to AA). If the Indians wait too long, they will end up trading Cabrera for pennies on the dollar. The Indians also need pitching if they are going to be truly competitive in the 2nd half. The Cardinals have the pitching to give but they are not close to meeting the Indians asking price. Every team the Cardinals speak to probably wants either Wacha, Martinez, or Wong.

I don't see Wacha or Martinez being traded so it will probably come down to the deadline bfore anything is resolved for the Cardinals and their upgrade at SS.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
Well I think with the information we get from bucket, Alexei is not going to get traded.

I trust bucket, but you always take that info for what it's worth. Ramirez could still easily be traded. Anybody on the Sox can be traded at this point. They are shopping everybody.