5/7 The Devil Rays Game Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
Per Mark Gonzales

De Aza

Rameriz

Rios

Dunn

Keppinger

Gillaspie

Beckham

PHEGLEY

TEKOTTE

Im actually going to watch tonight just to see Phegley

Damn son you didn't give me a chance. Just in case you aren't aware, you usually give the guy who started the last thread if the Sox won a chance to start the new thread. If the Sox lose it's open season. I figured I still had a few hours to do it. But its cool it's yours now. You preserved my 3-0 record and bring home a winner Joxer !

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
Damn son you didn't give me a chance. Just in case you aren't aware, you usually give the guy who started the last thread if the Sox won a chance to start the new thread. If the Sox lose it's open season. I figured I still had a few hours to do it. But its cool it's yours now. You preserved my 3-0 record and bring home a winner Joxer !

Any line-up with Tekotte is doomed anyway...

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)

Ah sh!te. I never copped that... far be it from me to break with Soxtalk tradition. :(

Sorry for stealing your thunder, mate.

Hopefully your magic will work vs. Detroit.

I think they're trying to see which of these 25-28 year old outfielders is best fit to be a backup on the big league club. They wouldn't mind somebody really breaking out and being a starting caliber player either, of course. My feeling is that of the players, Casper is most capable of catching on as a real-life big league starter. Danks and Tekotte are probably pretty similar in terms of their likely use as fourth outfielders.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Just curious: Why do the Sox believe Tekotte is a big-league outfielder?

Just wondering they're expecting him to bring?

Speed? D?

Not ripping. Just wondering.

The ability to walk and hit for power. He could very easily be a .725-.750 OPS bat off the bench that can play all 3 OF spots. He's been hitting the piss out of the ball in AAA (.938 OPS over previous 30 games). May as well give him a shot.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
The ability to walk and hit for power. He could very easily be a .725-.750 OPS bat off the bench that can play all 3 OF spots. He's been hitting the piss out of the ball in AAA (.938 OPS over previous 30 games). May as well give him a shot.

When your name is Blake Aaron Tekotte (BAT) you should be able to hit.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
When your name is Blake Aaron Tekotte (BAT) you should be able to hit.

Or.....fly around and bite people on the neck and suck their blood.

We're going to have to sit through Cubs post-game while our game starts. Ugh. I've noticed we do that to the Cubs when they play on the West Coast too. I'm happy for both teams to give up their post-game shows if it conflicts with the next game.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
We're going to have to sit through Cubs post-game while our game starts. Ugh. I've noticed we do that to the Cubs when they play on the West Coast too. I'm happy for both teams to give up their post-game shows if it conflicts with the next game.

...I guess not?