Game Thread 7/8: CUB @ SOX

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
Why can't anybody ever drive in a run?? Lexi was on second with one out. Predictably, nothing came of it.

Because the game is hard Greg. The best in the league fail 70 percent of the time. We don't have the best in the league hitting for our club. How is this difficult to figure out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
I guess cause he appears overmatched. Let another former Sox give it a try. It's Baines' turn.

Get the f*** out of here troll. No one in their right mind would suggest Baines as manager. That's by far, without question, the single dumbest idea I have seen written on this message board. I know that claim gets said a lot in some form or another, but I honestly mean it this time. Just an absolutely pathetic comment to make and you should be incredibly embarrassed if you weren't a blatant troll.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 05:22 AM)
Get the f*** out of here troll. No one in their right mind would suggest Baines as manager. That's by far, without question, the single dumbest idea I have seen written on this message board. I know that claim gets said a lot in some form or another, but I honestly mean it this time. Just an absolutely pathetic comment to make and you should be incredibly embarrassed if you weren't a blatant troll.

What's your problem? You think Ventura is a good manager? Why can't Baines finish out the year? You act like he's some kind of chump. Harold Baines was a heckuva player, just like Ventura. What's your problem with Baines? Why would I be "embarrassed" at the mention of Baines. He's one of my favorite players of all time and he was a gamer and a smart player, too. WTF? Your reaction is like I recommended re-hiring Bevington or something.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
What's your problem? You think Ventura is a good manager? Why can't Baines finish out the year? You act like he's some kind of chump. Harold Baines was a heckuva player, just like Ventura. What's your problem with Baines? Why would I be "embarrassed" at the mention of Baines. He's one of my favorite players of all time and he was a gamer and a smart player, too. WTF? Your reaction is like I recommended re-hiring Bevington or something.

If being a heckuva player made a good manager, then Robin would be a good manager by your theory.

And I'm not to respond to your Harold Baines nonsense other than if Robin were to get fired midseason, which won't happen, Mark Parent or Joe McEwing would get the job. Baines would not be in consideration.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 05:52 AM)
If being a heckuva player made a good manager, then Robin would be a good manager by your theory.

And I'm not to respond to your Harold Baines nonsense other than if Robin were to get fired midseason, which won't happen, Mark Parent or Joe McEwing would get the job. Baines would not be in consideration.

Don't worry. Now that we're done playing the Cubs I'm sure I won't be in any game threads the rest of the season. The game threads will be back to 4 pages I'm sure. I just don't understand why people don't want to blame Robin for this mess of a team.

Crain's climb: All-Star reliever Jesse Crain was scheduled to be examined Monday night to determine the next step in his rehabilitation from a right shoulder strain.

To this point, Crain has followed a plan of taking up to six days off before resuming a throwing program. He said that worked the last time he suffered a similar injury.

"I don't have that pain in there anymore," said Crain, who hasn't pitched since June 29. "I'm ready for that next step and start strengthening it and throwing again."

Gordon's growth: Gordon Beckham, the Sox's best hitter in an otherwise lackluster lineup, batted second for the second consecutive game.

"The way he's swinging it, you put him in there and let him go," Ventura said. "He's been having good at-bats and a good approach, and it's a good spot for him. Alexei can go down there (in the seventh spot) for RBI stuff. That's probably something that's been missing for him. Being in that No. 2 spot doesn't give him many RBI opportunities."

Beckham entered Monday with a .341 batting average and was 11-for-22 in his last six games.

"When he's healthy, he's hitting it to right field," Ventura said. "That's why you see his average the way it is. Just the at-bats and putting the barrel on it, going the other way, it's a good spot for him.''

Viciedo's vice: Left fielder Dayan Viciedo wasn't in the Sox's lineup for the second time in four games as he copes with a slump during which he has produced one RBI in his last 12 games and one homer in his last 44 games.

"Sometimes it's like he's trying to hit a five-run homer," Ventura said. "He can't get it all back at once. I think more of a simple approach would probably help him. Once you start this way, it's hard to get a young guy to just focus on the pitch-to-pitch process because it's a long way back."

www.chicagotribune.com/sports

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
I guess cause he appears overmatched. Let another former Sox give it a try. It's Baines' turn.

Why would they give another former Sox player the chance to manage the team? Guillen won in 2005 but was brutal otherwise, and Ventura is too passive. It would be elbetter to bring someone outside of the organization...but you suggest Baines? The dude is a mute!

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Why would they give another former Sox player the chance to manage the team? Guillen won in 2005 but was brutal otherwise, and Ventura is too passive. It would be elbetter to bring someone outside of the organization...but you suggest Baines? The dude is a mute!

Evidently.