Hawk Harrelson Documentary

flavum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
And for those keeping score at home, Steve detests Hawk as a broadcaster.

I do, but I still appreciate history, would like to learn more about the guy who was on the cover of SI, and still love the man for his genuine obsession with my favorite team. I am, of course, ready to move along and up the value of the broadcast - dead sox + unhappy hawk = unwatchable.

My entire youth, the excitement of good sox + s***ting himself hawk, and saying catch phrases throughout college are enough for me to owe it to the man to check out a doc - and it's narrated by Bob Costas so yeah bring it on.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
Hawk lost his fastball a few seasons ago. I don't "hate" him, but I think it's time for him to retire. If that makes me an idiot, so be it.

Whether or not I disagree, I don't hold any anger towards people who believe Hawk's time for retirement has come or even came a long time ago.

All I really would like is a little bit of respect for a guy that I have spent my entire life listening to on the tele. You can say "he should have retired". Fine. Let him get the Frick award and head off into the sunset at some point.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
Whether or not I disagree, I don't hold any anger towards people who believe Hawk's time for retirement has come or even came a long time ago.

All I really would like is a little bit of respect for a guy that I have spent my entire life listening to on the tele. You can say "he should have retired". Fine. Let him get the Frick award and head off into the sunset at some point.

Actually, I'll back off the retirement comment because he's still better than 90 percent of the guys out there. I would like someone in the organization to tell him to engage his partner more, stop the silly silences, etc. Hawk is at that dangerous point (eg. Chris Berman) of being a self parody. That's not good.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
Actually, I'll back off the retirement comment because he's still better than 90 percent of the guys out there. I would like someone in the organization to tell him to engage his partner more, stop the silly silences, etc. Hawk is at that dangerous point (eg. Chris Berman) of being a self parody. That's not good.

I get all of that. I have no problem with people who believe such things. I have a problem with anyone who would react to a documentary about Hawk being aired by saying "why, that guy sucks, I hate him".

If there's going to be a documentary, this title absolutely makes sense to me. It makes sense to title it something based on his quirkiness. I am not a Hawk hater, but he just basically did not do all that much. It's all his how, not his what. good god i'm going into a hawkism just describing him

If anyone wants to make a documentary about me,please do. I am really good at yelling when the Sox do poorly and jumping up and down when they are good n' s***

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)

Every time I get bored with Hawk, all I need to do is listen to most of the rest of professional team announcers out there. God they are just awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
Every time I get bored with Hawk, all I need to do is listen to most of the rest of professional team announcers out there. God they are just awful.

^ this. And I have an extremely hard time even watching the Dbacks now anymore out here due to Brenly. But there are some awful announcers out there...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
I lead the charge when it comes to getting Hawk out of the booth nowadays. But the guy has had quite the career and an interesting journey, I will definitely try to watch this documentary.

Watch a week of baseball on ESPN. It is possible to miss Hawk.

Bummed I don't get MLB Network at school.

I like Hawk. He's earned the right to retire when he wants and I'm hoping that's soon. And I love huge homers like him and Stacey King.

But dear lord listen to a Royals broadcast. Rex Hudler may be the worst announcer of all time.