ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Can we name em? Braun in the 12 or 12 others?

ARod

Cruz

Melky

Gio

Peralta

Colon

From what I had heard, I thought Colon, Melky, & Grandal weren't getting suspended now because they already served 50 games. I could be wrong.

If A-Rod gets suspended for this season & 2014, I would love to be at Yankee Stadium on Opening Day 2015, when he first comes to bat still owed $61 million. I'm sure the fans will treat him nicely.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
From what I had heard, I thought Colon, Melky, & Grandal weren't getting suspended now because they already served 50 games. I could be wrong.

If A-Rod gets suspended for this season & 2014, I would love to be at Yankee Stadium on Opening Day 2015, when he first comes to bat still owed $61 million. I'm sure the fans will treat him nicely.

Arod will never play again.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Arod will never play again.

Which is why his incentive is to appeal and fight as long as he can to keep drawing his salary. As soon as he gets suspended officially, the Yankees will move to void his deal and that money will be over. Arod's actions make perfect sense here.

I don't think A Rod will play again unless he pulls a Jose Canseco, but he is going to get paid, by the Yankees and/or their insurance provider.

I think if he won't retire after he has served his suspension, that is when things are really going to get nasty. And why would he forfeit the cash?

If ARod was available for the minimum for the 2015 season, does anyone think a team would give him a chance? I used to think absolutely, now I think it would be way too big of a distraction. Maybe the Marlins because they still may need that type of distraction, but not a team that is any good. And would he want to play for an awful team at 40 years old for the same money he would get laying by his pool sucking back a margurita?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
I don't think A Rod will play again unless he pulls a Jose Canseco, but he is going to get paid, by the Yankees and/or their insurance provider.

I think if he won't retire after he has served his suspension, that is when things are really going to get nasty. And why would he forfeit the cash?

If ARod was available for the minimum for the 2015 season, does anyone think a team would give him a chance? I used to think absolutely, now I think it would be way too big of a distraction. Maybe the Marlins because they still may need that type of distraction, but not a team that is any good. And would he want to play for an awful team at 40 years old for the same money he would get laying by his pool sucking back a margurita?

The Yankees are going to move to void the contract once he is suspended. MLB is opening the door to this by suspending him for something other than PEDs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
The Yankees are going to move to void the contract once he is suspended. MLB is opening the door to this by suspending him for something other than PEDs.

I read that it was a possibility but not likely. Most likely ultimately is a buyout, but ARod might not want that either. I think the Yankees just want ARod and this situation to go away ASAP, so they may just release him and pay him what they owe him starting in 2015 if ARod won't negotiate a settlement.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
I read that it was a possibility but not likely. Most likely ultimately is a buyout, but ARod might not want that either. I think the Yankees just want ARod and this situation to go away ASAP, so they may just release him and pay him what they owe him starting in 2015 if ARod won't negotiate a settlement.

If the Rockies could get of Denny Neagle's contract for soliciting a prostitute, you can bet the Yankees will try to get out of Arods for this.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
I'm guessing those three new names must not be anything exciting because there hasn't been much/any speculation as to who they are

On twitter yesterday, TJ Quinn said a source told him that they weren't major names.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 12:53 AM)
With the way this season has gone, you can't even be surprised that his "comeback" is in Chicago.

With the way this season has gone, the 3 players that no one knows about will end up being Sale, Garcia and Rios.