Casper Wells claimed by Phillies

flavum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters in the slightest bit, because Casper Wells is brutal, but does this mean the SOX put him on waivers, someone claimed him, and the SOX just said have him?

I thought that past July 31, if someone was claimed on waivers, the teams had a day to figure out a trade, pull the guy back off waivers, or let the other team have the player. Obviously the SOX just said have him, but usually I thought there was a day or two lag time before you know what the outcome of the claim is.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 01:00 PM)
Not that it matters in the slightest bit, because Casper Wells is brutal, but does this mean the SOX put him on waivers, someone claimed him, and the SOX just said have him?

I thought that past July 31, if someone was claimed on waivers, the teams had a day to figure out a trade, pull the guy back off waivers, or let the other team have the player. Obviously the SOX just said have him, but usually I thought there was a day or two lag time before you know what the outcome of the claim is.

Seems like most teams just put the whole roster out there at one time. Some to try and sneak someone by teams, but I have no idea why the Phillies needed Wells. They can find anyone to do what he does.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)

They have like 72 hours...but Wells could have been put on waivers 3 days ago.

Wells got put on waivers. From that point, teams had 3 days to decide whether or not to put in a claim. The Phillies won the claim, meaning that no AL team put in a claim nor did any NL team with a worse record than Philly. Once the claim was awarded, the Sox and Phillies had 24 hours to negotiate, though those negotiations probably consisted of Hahn telling the Phillies "He's yours now" and there you go.

Yes, the Sox could have pulled him back but I don't see the point.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
Wells got put on waivers. From that point, teams had 3 days to decide whether or not to put in a claim. The Phillies won the claim, meaning that no AL team put in a claim nor did any NL team with a worse record than Philly. Once the claim was awarded, the Sox and Phillies had 24 hours to negotiate, though those negotiations probably consisted of Hahn telling the Phillies "He's yours now" and there you go.

Yes, the Sox could have pulled him back but I don't see the point.

That is what I figured, just wanted it confirmed. Thanks.