Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
Wiggins going pro. Draft is going to be stacked. -Captain Obvious

I think you'll end up with 2 or 3 franchise players and 5 All-Stars, but I wouldn't bet a significant sum of money on any individual player getting there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Athleticism. Just think of how J4L would evaluate him for the NBA and that's the knock. IMO he's a contributor and maybe a starter. Maybe.

He's better than Mullens and Koufos and they play.

This made me laugh.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Bobby Knight is an absolutely horrendous analyst. Does anyone actually think he does a good job or like listening to him? The game has also badly passed him by. He still doesn't think a 3 pointer is a good shot.

I don't understand how him and Lou Holtz are still paid to talk on television.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
Story on Flying Illini. This was the year I started with Michigan.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/26578114-41...-prevailed.html

That was the year I discovered Illinois basketball really, at 7. My parents were huge fans. We went to a ton of games. Kenny Battle was my favorite Illini (and is still up there). I vaguely remember going to Willard Airport either the night they came back after getting to the final four or the night they lost to congratulate them.

Illinois may have the two best teams to not win it all in the 89 and 05 teams. I'm sure other fanbases would argue their programs have similarly good teams, but I dunno. Both were dominant, took over the sport for the year and then backed it up by getting close to winning it all.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)
Kelvin Sampson hired at Houston.

I'm not sure if it will be because he's too dumb or has too big of an ego, but he will end up in trouble again. What's the loss to him, go back to coaching in the NBA?

Again, just to point it out, you can be a known cheater with a f***ING MULTI-YEAR BAN FROM THE SPORT and still get a job. But if you lie about getting a piece of paper 15 years ago, a piece of paper that has little to do with your qualifications for the job, you can't. College athletics everyone.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Again, just to point it out, you can be a known cheater with a f***ING MULTI-YEAR BAN FROM THE SPORT and still get a job. But if you lie about getting a piece of paper 15 years ago, a piece of paper that has little to do with your qualifications for the job, you can't. College athletics everyone.

Not only that but what is the difference between not having a degree and having one from Kentucky?

QUOTE (lord chas @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
Danny Manning to Wake Forest. He is a great developer of bigs

He was working with as a member of the KU staff with top flight talent...we'll see if that continues as he tries to recruit elite players to a once-proud program with names like Tim Duncan and Rodney Rogers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 04:46 AM)
He was working with as a member of the KU staff with top flight talent...we'll see if that continues as he tries to recruit elite players to a once-proud program with names like Tim Duncan and Rodney Rogers.

He spent the last 2 seasons coaching Tulsa though, right?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 12:49 AM)
Craft got Defensive POy

I'll miss him, but not as much as I thought years ago. Go to medical school young man.

This is what I hate about these awards though. Really? Who is the better defender Aaron Craft or Andrew Wiggins? Aaron Craft or Joel Embiid? Not a chance that Aaron Craft is the best defensive player in the country.