Baseball winter meetings thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
No way on Quintana. That would be a huge overpay unless there's something else significant involved.

Hell, Santiago is a huge overpay for Eaton. Not excited about this at all.

Eaton is an extremely marginal upgrade. WTF.

Uribe? Wake me up from this nightmare.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 14s

The #Whitesox, #Dbacks and #angels are saying they are now optimistic they will consummate their 3-way trade

Well, let's just hope there's someone else coming back to the Sox besides Eaton

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
If we sign Uribe, we will turn Keppinger back to Tampa for that LH hitting catcher (name escapes me). We will platoon Uribe and Gillaspie at 3B, be able to spot Juan at SS and 2B when needed. It would be a good acquisition because of his defense and the flexibility he brings.

This sounds pretty feasible to me, though I think we would get something back more than just Lobatoton, at least I hope. He just doesn't do it for me at catcher.

Also I'm petty sure I read someone's post where we are linked to John Buck who I would love to get to platoon with our underachievers. A lot more than Jose Labotan. Though I don't know if buck is a Fa or would require a trade.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro 30s

As @SteveGilbertMLB said, Dbacks would get two prospects in this proposed trade. I'm told one from Angels, one from White Sox.

I really don't get this. I think giving up a young lefty with good stuff is just enough to get yourself a young leadoff hitter without a track record in the majors, but promising minor league numbers. Why should we include a prospect?

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
This is just strange

Not really, there's been one guy running with this Uribe to the White Sox thing and people have been retweeting him. Like I said, I think it's agent driven info to try and get LA to commit a 2nd year to Uribe.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
That's just dumb

You don't know everything that's coming back, nor the "prospect" involved. Nothing is dumb yet.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 1m

Those rumors first reported by @keithlaw. That's not necessarily the deal, that's all the pieces involved.

If it goes like previous deals, it will only be Eaton (or low-level minor leaguers), and we'll debate for 30 minutes about who else is included only to find out it's no one we've heard of.