Baseball winter meetings thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 07:19 PM)
Kendrick gets $9.35M in 2014 & $9.5M in 2015

We move him then right? Still go with Semien?

Who knows, maybe Semien is the good prospect included? I would definitely keep Kendrick and see what you get from him for a year. In our park, he might hit 20-25 homers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
Who knows, maybe Semien is the good prospect included? I would definitely keep Kendrick and see what you get from him for a year. In our park, he might hit 20-25 homers.

That's giving up way too much IMO. I can't see how we'd view Kendrick as a future piece, would we really want to extend him starting with his age 32 season?

I think we trade for Kendrick to keep him at 2B he also plays 1B not that that helps. I wouldn't mind moving Gordon to 3B but I sincerely doubt it with Gillepses. Unless they platoon. I think we have another trade up our sleeves with Gordon, I have a feeling with Toronto, or NYY. We could also trade Lexi and move Gordon back to his natural position of SS.

Any ideas of how Kendirck is defensively?

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 59s

Howie Kendrick is NOT involved in the deal, reports @JeffFletcherOCR and @Alden_Gonzalez. Deal is getting close.

Well then the deal is starting to get less intriguing to me. I hope we get something more back than Eaton, well have to see. I like Eaton but the deal sounded so much better with Howie damn it!!!