Baseball winter meetings thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bulokis @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
Hope we do. Need to change this team around.

Look at the team from opening day a year ago vs. today and there is already a lot of change. I do agree though, there is more that needs to be done for the long-term future of the franchise but everything I've seen thus far are steps in the write direction. THere will be ups an downs that come with this though.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
Great insider info there Bruce. We'd have never figured that out otherwise.

The catcher idea was pretty obvious....but the LH bullpen help is probably not going to make some people happy though

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Jesus, why give up so much? No need to include the pitching prospects.

Well, De Aza sucks according to the majority of this board. Beckham does indeed suck and those who think he has any value think he could somehow turn it around after being the league for awhile. Petricka is eh. Rienzo is solid, but I wouldn't consider him near the untouchable list.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
Well, De Aza sucks according to the majority of this board. Beckham does indeed suck and those who think he has any value think he could somehow turn it around after being the league for awhile. Petricka is eh. Rienzo is solid, but I wouldn't consider him near the untouchable list.

I don't anyone has said he sucks, as much as he is baseball stupid.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Not sure how your post makes sense. The post I quoted said "I don't think anyone says De Aza sucks." When in fact that's all JoshPR ever says.

The the original response that you quoted was talking about a majority.....reread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
I'm not sure why the M's would move Seager and not get a 3B back. But Montero/Franklin could be something.

They arent moving Seager....and the Nationals trade just a few minutes ago is probably a bad sign for the LH reliever market. Probably asking for too much.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
They arent moving Seager....and the Nationals trade just a few minutes ago is probably a bad sign for the LH reliever market. Probably asking for too much.

There is actually a hack in MLB The Show 2013 where it is now impossible to trade for Seager.