2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
I said the same thing when they killed Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk. Jimmy/Steve wasn't the main character, but his character made the show much more interesting. After Darmondy died, Boardwalk was good, but never quite as good. It's probably a good thing they never showed Jimmy/Steve dying, as if the show continues in this direction they could possibly bring him back. Ofcourse by that time, Fiona will have to be in a serious relationship with someone else she isn't already cheating on to make it more interesting.

The third season of Boardwalk was, by far, the best.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shameless has been slower this season, but I dont think it is nearly as drastic as Caulfield is making it out to be. I still love whats going on with Lip, and you can see Fiona about to f*** things up bigtime.

And come on, Veronica and Kevin are gold everytime they are on screen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
Shameless has been slower this season, but I dont think it is nearly as drastic as Caulfield is making it out to be. I still love whats going on with Lip, and you can see Fiona about to f*** things up bigtime.

I'm with you. I still enjoy it. It's an easy show to watch and agree about the Lip stuff. Fiona is starting to repulse me like Nancy in Weeds though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
I kind of think thats the point though. She is a whore.

I know. It's working.

That and she, up until the end of this week, was ignoring Debbie's situation even though it was right under her nose. Who's watching Liam?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)

That was a good scene with Kevin lecturing Lip in the bar...despite everything going wrong for him with the asbestos and business license and back taxes subplot.

Maybe you're right...the difference is that I've been watching all these shows over the span of 2-3-4 days, so my experience is going to be a bit skewed compared to watching it on a weekly basis over a number of years. Perhaps I'm more attuned to the ebb and flow of the show watching it so quickly. I did the same thing with Sons of Anarchy, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed that had I been a "regular weekly viewer" for 5 years.

Or even Breaking Bad, although I loved that show right away and even was watching the "Talking Bad" companion recap episodes that went with it.

Honestly, when I started watching Shameless, it was a bit hard to get into it in the very beginning and then it progressively pulled you in. Same thing with the 2nd season of Person of Interest and Workaholics as well, granted, all completely different shows. For example, The Business Trip episode of Workaholics, I was laughing harder probably than I have for weeks, although a lot of that show's hit and miss for me compared to the take of others.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
Jodie was the best character on tv. Where is he

Well, honestly, he is starring on the show Black Sails now. Story/Character-wise, him and Karen moved out to California together

I still find Lip's entire story line completely unbelievable for his character. He acts like a person without common sense despite being amazingly smart to the point that he got a full ride to this great (fake) school. They've taken a cool idea - Lip at college - and really f'd it up.

The Debbie thing continues to be wrong, icky and flat out boring. This has been Debbie's story line just about every season - I act older than I really am. There has to be something else she could do.

Frank's story is ok. Nothing great. The new character helps to spice up the show a little, even with the incest grossness.

Kevin is hilarious as always. I cracked up with all the asbestos dust everywhere.

Sadly, I think Fionna's story line is the best of the main characters. Probably because I would like to be doing those things to her. Good God.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
I still find Lip's entire story line completely unbelievable for his character. He acts like a person without common sense despite being amazingly smart to the point that he got a full ride to this great (fake) school. They've taken a cool idea - Lip at college - and really f'd it up.

The Debbie thing continues to be wrong, icky and flat out boring. This has been Debbie's story line just about every season - I act older than I really am. There has to be something else she could do.

Frank's story is ok. Nothing great. The new character helps to spice up the show a little, even with the incest grossness.

Kevin is hilarious as always. I cracked up with all the asbestos dust everywhere.

Sadly, I think Fionna's story line is the best of the main characters. Probably because I would like to be doing those things to her. Good God.

I dont think its him making bad decisions (Lip) but more around focusing on his apparent knack for self destruction. MOre around inner demons he needs to face to be successful IMO.

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Top 5 Episode of the series right there. So much stuff happened, and it was all awesome, and unexpected. Season was good, but going slow, this episode really turned it up a few notches.

Just watched last night's episode. Completely agree. This show is my favorite on Television by far.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
I dont think its him making bad decisions (Lip) but more around focusing on his apparent knack for self destruction. More around inner demons he needs to face to be successful IMO.

Agreed. And yeah, Karen and Jody went to Sedona, Arizona if I remember right.

Fiona is starting to piss me off as well. I want Ian to come back, and it looks like he might given the scenes for next week.

Re: Justified

Oh yes. Great episode. Just killing it.

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Agree with whoever said (Milkman, I think) season 3 was the best. If I had to rank the seasons in order, it would probably be: 3, 4, 1, 2. I could be persuaded to switch around 1 and 4. 3 is far and away the best, I think.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
Agreed. And yeah, Karen and Jody went to Sedona, Arizona if I remember right.

Fiona is starting to piss me off as well. I want Ian to come back, and it looks like he might given the scenes for next week.

Re: Justified

Oh yes. Great episode. Just killing it.

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Agree with whoever said (Milkman, I think) season 3 was the best. If I had to rank the seasons in order, it would probably be: 3, 4, 1, 2. I could be persuaded to switch around 1 and 4. 3 is far and away the best, I think.

Ian is about as close as you can get to a moral center on that show...even when he's doing things that are wrong/unethical or downright illegal, he's always doing it for a good/altruistic reason. He's pretty much the only trustworthy character of the bunch.

Fiona, of course, is the heart of the show in terms of airtime, along with Frank, but Ian is the best member of that family, with Debbie second.

I find Ian boring and annoying. No thanks. The cast was getting way too big so I'm glad they got rid of at least for now Karen and Ian. Hate that they canned the two best characters in Jimmy Steve and Jodie. I will say Mickey is so much better without Ian around.

Sheila needs a storyline too. She's great. We might see one soon.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
I find Ian boring and annoying. No thanks. The cast was getting way too big so I'm glad they got rid of at least for now Karen and Ian. Hate that they canned the two best characters in Jimmy Steve and Jodie. I will say Mickey is so much better without Ian around.

Sheila needs a storyline too. She's great. We might see one soon.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/justin-chatwin...ss-1066296.aspx

Guess Jimmy Steve is gone for good. Too bad. And using him head in a Brazilian polo match would have been way too derivative of the scene in Breaking Bad with the turtle/Danny Trejo.