2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Holy crap was HIMYM awful last night. I'm so happy there is only 3 episodes left.

I'm like everyone else. Just toughing it out to the finish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shameless - still great. Though, I don't think the writers have really set a good foundation for Fiona becoming so self-destructive (relationships, sure, but with her family? definitely not).

Walking Dead - a little slow still, but I enjoyed this episode. I'm finding this season to be one of the best, mainly because most of the annoying characters (Carl, Rick) haven't been seen in a while. If they just died would it really be that bad? I also like that the characters are moving, which helps make the audience feel like we're building towards something good/important. Sitting around at the farm or prison talking was the absolute worst.

Black Sails - I might be the only one watching but I love this show. It's not Breaking Bad quality, but it's also not Spartacus t-n-a bad either. Characters are interesting, it looks amazing and there's some political maneuvering. Excited for the finale next week.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
Agreed. Dexter was great for about two seasons. After that, meh. The ending? Blah.

2 seasons? 1-4 were pretty awesome. 3(Smits) was a little slow, but at the time it was pretty good because Dexter was out of character teaching Smits to be like him. 1(icebox), 2(english chick) and 4(trinity) were pretty awesome

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
Just an absolutely brutal episode. The only thing you need to know if you don't watch

is that Lily is pregnant and they name their daughter Daisy.

And they go to Italy and eat Funions

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
Tough to watch episode of The Walking Dead last night.

TWD and Shameless were not good for many laughs last night.

I think, for the most part, the TWD scene worked for me. Seems like some people were shocked and horrified, others laughed. I was kind in the middle, shocked but I also chuckled at it being a little ludicrous.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Shameless just doesn't have any direction anymore. I still enjoy watching it, but it's not award-winning television like I thought it would be its first season.

Kevin, Mickey, Carl and Lip are the only characters whose storylines I enjoy right now. All this stuff with Frank is just bleh, Fiona is annoying and Debbie's whole thing is just strange.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
Shameless just doesn't have any direction anymore. I still enjoy watching it, but it's not award-winning television like I thought it would be its first season.

Kevin, Mickey, Carl and Lip are the only characters whose storylines I enjoy right now. All this stuff with Frank is just bleh, Fiona is annoying and Debbie's whole thing is just strange.

Lip is the only likable Gallagher. When the girl went up to Debbie with the bat, I laughed.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
Who laughs at something like that?

I think if you step back and look at the situation, it was kind of ludicrous.

I still don't really get it either, because (1) the girl has been told and see people "die" from zombies, and (2) they made it a point to put her into a near-death experience in which she was afraid of being bitten. And yet 3 minutes later she's killing her own sister to show that zombie aren't bad.

Add to that the idea that 2 girls under the age of 10 would be left alone in a zombie apocalypse with an infant. There's no reasonable explanation for that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Lip is the only likable Gallagher. When the girl went up to Debbie with the bat, I laughed.

I'll say it again: what they're doing to Fiona basically flies in the face of everything we've been shown/told about her the last 3 seasons. It's basically a complete 180 and it looks like it's going to get even worse.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
I'll say it again: what they're doing to Fiona basically flies in the face of everything we've been shown/told about her the last 3 seasons. It's basically a complete 180 and it looks like it's going to get even worse.

Fiona's a Gallagher. I think that's what we're learning. She's slowly descending, because she's a complete f***up at heart.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2941439:date=Mar 17, 2014 -> 01:13 PM:name=southsider2k5)-->
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
<!--quotec-->For Cosmos, is that the same Seth MacFarlane who is producing it, as in Family Guy???

yap

Crazy. That is about the last guy I would have expected to be involved in a series like that.