2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 12:24 AM)
I thought The Newsroom was great last night, but Homeland was disappointing after an amazing episode two weeks ago.

I can't believe I didn't see that final scene coming. They've joked about it happening pretty much every other episode for 3 seasons, and it wasn't until he paused there that it finally clicked in my head.

Also, the thing with Will and the other inmate was a good touch too. Didn't see that coming.

Hate the Jim/Maggie stuff. Too damn predictable and boring.

And the rape stuff was pretty intense. Without getting in to a political conversation here, I think there were some very valid points made from both sides. I know someone who was falsely accused of rape and it was horrifying for him. He's lucky he is about 6'9", 320 pounds because the whole school hated him and he was getting threats from so many guys who were trying to stick up for the girl.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 06:35 AM)
Homeland has been one of the best shows on TV the past three episodes. To keep up that intensity for three episodes in a row was pretty impressive. Now we get to see Quinn as the badass we know he is.

I did think that was over the top that he took at 5-6 guys with a pistol that quick during the vault scene.

Newsroom

Great episode. Didn't see the cellmate being Will's dad coming, I liked that. Gives Will a more human element than he usually has. I wasn't sure if they'd kill off Charlie before the finale, but I wasn't surprised, either. And I'm happy Jim and Maggie finally got together, it was heading that way for a while.

Homeland

Trying to figure out what trick the Ambassador's husband has up his sleeve after not using the belt. Also I like Quinn too much, he better not get himself killed. And I have to imagine Lockhart is done as CIA director. He just handed the most wanted terrorist on the planet a list of all of the CIA's assets in Pakistan. WHAT?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:04 AM)

I did think that was over the top that he took at 5-6 guys with a pistol that quick during the vault scene.

Assuming he was a good shot, and with the help of the marine, you could easily get off 5 or 6 rounds each and get back to cover since the other group wasn't expecting it. They were also pretty bunched together so that would make it easier.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
Assuming he was a good shot, and with the help of the marine, you could easily get off 5 or 6 rounds each and get back to cover since the other group wasn't expecting it. They were also pretty bunched together so that would make it easier.

You probably should have spoiler tagged that.

I couldn't tell if they were wearing kevlar but he was dropping them with one shot with what looks like a glock 9mm.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
Homeland

Trying to figure out what trick the Ambassador's husband has up his sleeve after not using the belt. Also I like Quinn too much, he better not get himself killed. And I have to imagine Lockhart is done as CIA director. He just handed the most wanted terrorist on the planet a list of all of the CIA's assets in Pakistan. WHAT?

Lockhart has always comes across as spineless. Look how he caved when watching the bloodshed. The guy is a politician not a battle hardened soldier. I imagine he is going to use that belt to escape possibly?

Edited by pettie4sox

Question about spoilers:

On another message board, there was a thread about SOA. In that thread, someone "spoiled" the end of Breaking Bad and what happened to Walter White and another poster got pissed.

Breaking Bad ended over a year ago. What's the time limit on spoiler tags?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Question about spoilers:

On another message board, there was a thread about SOA. In that thread, someone "spoiled" the end of Breaking Bad and what happened to Walter White and another poster got pissed.

Breaking Bad ended over a year ago. What's the time limit on spoiler tags?

Here we usually go with the rule that if it has aired, it is fair game. Don't want a spoiler after the fact, don't read the TV thread.

I think the rule should be 2 weeks from the original air date. Not everyone watches shows the night they are on. I know I don't. There's too much good TV these days. And it sucks not being able to talk about other shows because you don't want to read a potential spoiler.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:32 AM)
I think the rule should be 2 weeks from the original air date. Not everyone watches shows the night they are on. I know I don't. There's too much good TV these days. And it sucks not being able to talk about other shows because you don't want to read a potential spoiler.

I agree with something like that. Maybe 2 weeks is a little long, but spoilers for the first week since airing, at least.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
I agree with something like that. Maybe 2 weeks is a little long, but spoilers for the first week since airing, at least.

I don't really know if a hard and fast rule is necessary. I tend to use spoiler tags if I'm talking about it in the few days after it airs.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 06:23 AM)
I don't really know if a hard and fast rule is necessary. I tend to use spoiler tags if I'm talking about it in the few days after it airs.

To me that is a good guideline. A day after, probably too soon, given a lot of people DVR and watch within a few days. Makes it nice cause you can come in and talk about one of the shows you saw without having another show you watched (but haven't caught up on from the night before) get ruined.

I am finishing Boardwalk Empire as I like to binge watch that. Pretty good overall season I'd say and the final two episodes look to be building up. It really should have been given a longer run time. Christ SOA episodes are longer and there really is no point to that show although I am curious how tonight ends it.

True Detective starts next.

I've been sick over the past week or so and I binge watched a lot of shows:

-The 100 - besides the bad acting it's a fun premise.

-SHIELD - better than I thought, sooo many similarities to Firefly which I like.

-Peaky Blinders - Finally got to watch the 2nd season, this is a REALLY good show, people need to check it out.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
I am finishing Boardwalk Empire as I like to binge watch that. Pretty good overall season I'd say and the final two episodes look to be building up. It really should have been given a longer run time. Christ SOA episodes are longer and there really is no point to that show although I am curious how tonight ends it.

True Detective starts next.

So much good material was just skipped over.