2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)

First of all, yeah - you can always count on Carrie to ruin something. Second, that's the guy that was always meeting with Saul. From the Wiki - Dar Adal is a CIA black operations director, and an old acquaintance of Saul Berenson.

And Quinn's boss.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to Homeland.

Just started watching last week and into the 2nd season now where Estes/Saul find out that Claire Danes actually knew what she was talking about...

At first, this series didn't draw me in (the Nick Brody character, specifically) but now I'm getting into it.

This show feels a lot like 24 to me, with a bit of House of Cards, The Blacklist and Person of Interest thrown in for good measure.

I thought the Newsroom finale was fine. A little boring with all the flashbacks, because we knew the outcomes, but it was touching and everyone came out happy. Nothing too dramatic, nothing too crazy. I agree this last season felt so disconnected. They really did a disservice to the show by not going a full season, or at least even 10 to give us some main arcs. I really liked the first few eoisodes with the FBI-Neal stuff, but then that kind of went away so fast that I had actually forgotten about Neal until he returned.....quietly. I found it weird he seemingly arrived to the ACN newsroom during the funeral for Charlie. Why wouldn't he just go there? Why sit in the office with those kids while everyone else is mourning the loss? And how come there was no big reunion with Neal and the gang? They kind of just quietly brought him back from exile and then dismissed him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:21 AM)
This season of Homeland is every bit as good as season 1 IMO.

It's better. The second-half is what the show will be moving forward. No more Carrie bulls***. Just action and ass-kicking and stopping terrorists.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
It's better. The second-half is what the show will be moving forward. No more Carrie bulls***. Just action and ass-kicking and stopping terrorists.

Which is definitely the best part of the show.

And to be fair, Dar Adal WAS Quinn's boss, but you're right, Carrie's his boss now, in more ways than one.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:45 AM)
Which is definitely the best part of the show.

And to be fair, Dar Adal WAS Quinn's boss, but you're right, Carrie's his boss now, in more ways than one.

Ha, yeah, I was trying to make a joke. He definitely was Quinn's boss. But now he needs that p*ssy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)

It's crazy but I want the terrorists to win.

Edited by pettie4sox

Reading all the posts here (refusing to read spoilers), I'm tempted to skip to Season 4 of Homeland.

For a long time, I thought Brody was going to go in the typical direction and become a VP or President.

When you watch it all together, it's yo-yoing way too much back and forth with Carrie and her various and sundry mental health issues. Michael Cuesta, who was also a Prison Break producer, had the same exact plot problem with that particular show...you can only go back to that well (mental illness recurrences or new prisons to escape from) so many times before it runs dry.

Part of me was hoping for Abu Nazir to survive.

Now, I'm stuck with a boring arc of Venezuelan exile with the only viewing solace being Esme (captor's daughter). And the psych ward and conspiracy theories overlaid on top of each other.

Edited by caulfield12

Of course, logic would tell us that Dar Adal's trying to get Lockhart fired so that Saul can return as head of the CIA...but that's going to require a huge rehabilitation of Carrie again so they can continue to be a team. Then Javadi and her new pseudo-Brody in ISI can remake the Middle East after that evil witch Nasmeen or whatever her name is gets taken out. So mad Zara's gone, too. That sucked.

Homeland

Edited by caulfield12