2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like they were filming the story arc over 11 shows and had forgotten they'd promised a 12th so they tacked that one on there are the end. While the show has lost its originality and feels more like 24 than the award-winning program it was the first two seasons, we've had just about enough of this Saul/Dar Adal two-headed monster. Frankly, I'm almost feeling sorry for Lockhart at this point. And the Quinn/Carrie romance will work about as well as The Flash when Barry and Iris hook up somewhere in Season 2 or 3. Still pissed off they killed off their Iranian financial crimes expert and the only ones to be upset were Max and Quinn.

Homeland

Is it crazy to like The Flash more than Agents of SHIELD? For some reason, The Flash just seems to be a "tighter" show, in the sense the cast isn't quite so big and the stories are more concentrated in Central City compared to spanning the entire globe. It feels a bit like Smallville when it first started out. Maybe with SHIELD it just feels like the storyline is a big forced (and there isn't the immediate tie-in with an Avengers movie at the moment)...or the fact that there isn't the three-way tension between Ming Na Wen, Ward and Skye to sustain things, and the whole thing with the lab geeks has been annoying as well. They used to be a bit of fun. And a little Patton Oswalt goes a long way.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
Did anyone finish The Affair?

I did. Pretty solid season I thought. Some boring parts, some exciting parts. Clearly the last 5 minutes sets the show up as a murder mystery going forward rather than a character study of an affair.

How about Marco Polo on Netflix? Anyone watching that? I caught the first episode last night. Not great, but watchable. Similar to a lot of other historical epic series (Spartacus, Black Sails, etc.) Battles + boobs + political maneuvering.

I don't get the affair. That had to be the most boring tv show on the planet. Was awful. In terms of homeland, the last episode was far more of a set-up for the next season than anything else. All in all though, this was a great season of homeland. By the way, started watching Banshee this week. Damn, talk about entertaining. You have to throw any sense of realism out the window but totally enjoyable.

I actually just watched the 1st episode on yesterday of Ascension, it was ok but you should watch the first ep yourself to see if you want to continue or not....me not gonna continue.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
I don't get the affair. That had to be the most boring tv show on the planet. Was awful. In terms of homeland, the last episode was far more of a set-up for the next season than anything else. All in all though, this was a great season of homeland. By the way, started watching Banshee this week. Damn, talk about entertaining. You have to throw any sense of realism out the window but totally enjoyable.

It had a few boring episodes but the last 3 or 4 really had me wanting more. Watched 3 in a row last night, it is really interesting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
Dunno. It was so bad I never went back.

I kept with it, watched it as kind of white noise most of the time. It gets pretty bad, the 7th season is just a turd, but there are funny parts and hot nekked chicks. Can't remember the season but there's this british chick that's a nanny and they show her boobies a ton and with good reason, perfection. But that was the best part of the show.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
I kept with it, watched it as kind of white noise most of the time. It gets pretty bad, the 7th season is just a turd, but there are funny parts and hot nekked chicks. Can't remember the season but there's this british chick that's a nanny and they show her boobies a ton and with good reason, perfection. But that was the best part of the show.

Susan Sarandons daughter is just amazing in her episode