2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
Baylor was the conference champ and would have been in before TCU. But your non con comments are 100% false.

So if TCU would have played Ohio State's non conference schedule (three of Navy, Kent State, Va Tech and Cinci) they would have been in? I'm not following what you're saying.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
So if TCU would have played Ohio State's non conference schedule (three of Navy, Kent State, Va Tech and Cinci) they would have been in? I'm not following what you're saying.

Nope because Baylor was the conference champion. But if Baylor did they would

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
Nope because Baylor was the conference champion. But if Baylor did they would

So then are you trying to say a 13th game wouldn't have mattered for Baylor?

Big thing is, I see no way the Big 12 adds a title game. I don't think an extra game should matter, though apparently there's obviously disagreement on that.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
So then are you trying to say a 13th game wouldn't have mattered for Baylor?

Big thing is, I see no way the Big 12 adds a title game. I don't think an extra game should matter, though apparently there's obviously disagreement on that.

An extra win vs a good team and a consensus league champion is a pretty big deal. Of course if the Big 12 didn't have a moron running it they would have actually given Baylor a good chance at the playoff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Refs did their best to get Miss St back in this game. Maybe the worst non-fumble call of the season.

The ball came out, Tech got control, then the whistle blew. No idea how you can call forward progress on that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
An extra win vs a good team and a consensus league champion is a pretty big deal. Of course if the Big 12 didn't have a moron running it they would have actually given Baylor a good chance at the playoff.

I have zero belief that the Big 12 not presenting Baylor as "outright Big 12 champion" made any difference in whether or not they made the playoff. I think that the B1G having two former coaches that supposedly the committee leaned on made a bigger difference. If them not having one of the teams declared Big 12 champions made a difference in them picking teams, then this thing is a pretty big joke.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mack Brown on the committee next year in place of Luck.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
I have zero belief that the Big 12 not presenting Baylor as "outright Big 12 champion" made any difference in whether or not they made the playoff. I think that the B1G having two former coaches that supposedly the committee leaned on made a bigger difference. If them not having one of the teams declared Big 12 champions made a difference in them picking teams, then this thing is a pretty big joke.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mack Brown on the committee next year in place of Luck.

It's your right to have a conspiracy theory.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
It's your right to have a conspiracy theory.

You really think that the committee isn't smart enough to sort out TCU/Baylor without the Big 12 naming one the champion? Or that it helped Ohio State more to have two Big Ten voices in the room (coaches) than the Big 12 only having one voice (WV AD)?

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
I don't like being the way people who are fans of SEC teams are, where they cheerlead their whole conference, but the B1G could really use a win by OSU to maintain some relevance. It doesn't hurt that Alabama/Saban are supremely unlikable.

I root against every SEC school. I couldn't care less if they win.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
You really think that the committee isn't smart enough to sort out TCU/Baylor without the Big 12 naming one the champion? Or that it helped Ohio State more to have two Big Ten voices in the room (coaches) than the Big 12 only having one voice (WV AD)?

Exactly. Then they compared Baylor and OSU and saw that one had a better strength of schedule, won more games against bowl teams and won a conference championship game and awarded the slot to that team. They followed the criteria they said all along.

The only way being in the big 12 hurt is they don't have the extra game. I don't buy conspiracy theories about who was in the room when the criteria was obvious.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
I fell asleep during the GT game and had nightmares about the triple option.

Maybe Illinois should find a good triple option coach. Confuse some opponents, win 6-8 games every year, that would work for me. Plus it's so fun to watch.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
Starting to drink soon. Hope we make it a contest tonight.

I think they have a chance, Urban's teams have more speed and talent than Tressel's did. I think the key will be if Jones can be accurate on some deep passes, Bama has been susceptible to big plays through the air.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)

I don't think the issue is so much having someone named a champion, but having that extra game to prove something against a good team.