2014-2015 NCAA football thread

I agree, especially since the game is at the Coliseum and those fans will be pumped up. USC is not elite but they are a good team and on the road that will be a very tough game.

In years that USC is not a Top 10 team, "those fans" are about 60% ND fans.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
They should probably beat someone good first.

Unlike a couple years ago, they've actually looked really good this year outside of a game or two. Their ranking is legit.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
ASU should be a tough game, but if ND is 10-1 with a playoff spot on the line, USC will be a total beatdown. They aren't very good. I'd give Louisville a better chance than USC at beating ND.

I'm actually quite worried about FSU's trip to Louisville on Thursday. That's a tough defense. Not going to be an easy win for any team.

Louisville might hang around for a half bc of the environment and their defense but Louisville has no offense. I see FSU pulling away in the second half and winning something 34-17.

I wish Miami could have a redo vs Louisville now that Kaaya has some games under his belt.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
Louisville might hang around for a half bc of the environment and their defense but Louisville has no offense. I see FSU pulling away in the second half and winning something 34-17.

I wish Miami could have a redo vs Louisville now that Kaaya has some games under his belt.

DeVante Parker came back from injury last week and already was a difference maker.

This year is nuts, I don't particularly love any team. I have to imagine a major power like Alabama is going to weather the storm and as others continue to get picked off. Ala/FSU/...MSU/...ugh. No idea. ND I guess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
If TCU wins out, they absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs, in my opinion. They'd have 4 quality wins (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas State and at WVU).

Scratch Oklahoma St from the list, as they're going to lose a lot of games the rest of the way. Their schedule is insane this year:

- FSU (neutral site)

- at TCU

- WVU

- at Kansas St

- at Baylor

- at Oklahoma

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
Playoff committee rankings:

1. SIU

2. Mississippi St

3. Florida St

4. Auburn

5. Mississippi

6. Oregon

7. Alabama

8. TCU

9. Michigan St

10. Kansas St

11. Notre Dame

That's more like it

I wish it did.

No, the season can't end yet. After OSU takes down MSU, Michigan will rise from the dead to upset hated rival OSU, both saving Brady Hoke's job and moving Notre Dame up into a playoff position. A perfect day for everybody.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 07:07 AM)
No, the season can't end yet. After OSU takes down MSU, Michigan will rise from the dead to upset hated rival OSU, both saving Brady Hoke's job and moving Notre Dame up into a playoff position. A perfect day for everybody.

LOL, dont count out Nebraska.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
So Gurley took 3k in benefits, he gets to come back this season, and everyone still thinks the penalty is too harsh. What a difference a few years make in perception.

Yes, OSU is a victim. Poor babies. Move on.