2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
I can't imagine a QB his size gets drafted early enough that it makes sense for Everett to leave for the pro game. He has become a pretty accurate passer though and just an overall good reader of the defense. He clearly has to work on cleaning up his handling of the football, especially when he's running, etc. Plus how he handled his off the field issues and how much he developed while away from the game, is impressive, and a positive indicator if I'm an NFL scout regarding his ability to work, overcome adversity, etc.

Everyone wants the next Russell Wilson though. I do agree he's handle his issues well, as he gave the best answers of anyone on either team after Saturday's game.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a sidenote, I still expect ND to lose another game this year and make it a moot point but I like Brian Kelly. Seeing so many of this big or so called big programs miss on various guys, I am A okay with Kelly and figure at some point we'll win a title with him and at least we'll pretty much always be in the top 25 with him here.

On a sidenote, I still expect ND to lose another game this year and make it a moot point but I like Brian Kelly. Seeing so many of this big or so called big programs miss on various guys, I am A okay with Kelly and figure at some point we'll win a title with him and at least we'll pretty much always be in the top 25 with him here.

Kelly is clearly an A+ recruiter, and I am warming to him as a playcaller. I still have a hard time getting over the time a few years ago when he called a motherf***ing fade route from inside the 10 yard line with the backup QB in the game when a FG would have won the game. That was putrid.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)

Just like with Golson, will he bolt for the NFL after this year? He's had to deal with major academic issues the last two seasons, so maybe he wants out.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Kelly is clearly an A+ recruiter, and I am warming to him as a playcaller. I still have a hard time getting over the time a few years ago when he called a motherf***ing fade route from inside the 10 yard line with the backup QB in the game when a FG would have won the game. That was putrid.

Did Kelly do the play calling last year?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
No, Chuck Martin did it last year.

That's what I thought. There was a discussion on an illini board regarding his Illini coaching canidacy and how much influence he had on ND's offense. I don't think he is too much of a candidate anyways but we'll see.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
That's what I thought. There was a discussion on an illini board regarding his Illini coaching canidacy and how much influence he had on ND's offense. I don't think he is too much of a candidate anyways but we'll see.

He's still probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite candidate, but considering that he was on the short list the last go around, he'd probably get some consideration if they miss on their top targets again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
Missouri won by 28 points on Saturday with less than 150 yards of total offense. Maty Mauk is like watching bad jay cutler every saturday, it's been really brutal.

heard on the radio that in the last 10 years, NCAA teams who held their opponent to under 120 yards is 147-2. The second loss was Florida.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
heard on the radio that in the last 10 years, NCAA teams who held their opponent to under 120 yards is 147-2. The second loss was Florida.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but yeah, both losses in that were by Florida.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)

Kelly is a first class dickface, but you take your lumps with him because in the end you would rather have him than someone like Willingham or god forbid Brady Hoke.

Kelly is a first class dickface, but you take your lumps with him because in the end you would rather have him than someone like Willingham or god forbid Brady Hoke.

I don't know about first class dickface. I think that category is reserved solely for the coach of the team 8 miles south of where I'm sitting right now. Anybody else is at most a second class dickface.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
The ACC sucks. Once Beemer retires Va Tech turns into KSU again.

The occasional FSU game will be exciting but a majority of those teams are terrible at football and always will be.

Clemson is always a good football team, as long as it's not an important game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)

I was at that game. It was the Tulsa loss.

Leaving the stadium, I overheard people saying Kelly needed to be fired. It was his 1st season at ND.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
That Ohio State loss to Virginia Tech keeps looking worse and worse, . What happened there? Barrett has been the next Braxton Miller since then

Really the first game for a completely new defensive scheme and breaking in new players all over the place including the OL. Perfect storm to get upset. horrific loss.